Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,233 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
No data connection after inserting SIM again
HOLOGB0

I recently tried straight talk for a few days, decided I didn't like it, and accepted an offer from verizon for a deal on unlimited. However, since I reinserted the SIM card and even went through the steps of reactivating the device, I have had NO mobile data connection whatsoever. I can receive and make calls/text but not use apps or web browser. 4G is grayed out as well. I have rebooted, removed/inserted SIM again, all the info for IMEI ICCD is there, airplane mode not on, mobile data switched off and on again. Absolutely nothing I do works. Am I forgetting something? Might there be some conflict for having used a straight talk SIM for about 3 days and swapping back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No data connection after inserting SIM again
deloused
Master - Level 3

Usually resetting the device’s network settings will fix that

0 Likes
Junkiesrevenge

That does not help me.. I never switched networks, only devices. The new device is formerly straight talk zte. After sim is inserted, I have no data at all. I can send/receive calls and send but not receive messages..I done soft resets, network resets, restarts, airplane mode, ect... Nothing works to restore data..phone says phone activation incomplete.. what to do next??

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Junkiesrevenge wrote:

That does not help me.. I never switched networks, only devices. The new device is formerly straight talk zte. After sim is inserted, I have no data at all. I can send/receive calls and send but not receive messages..I done soft resets, network resets, restarts, airplane mode, ect... Nothing works to restore data..phone says phone activation incomplete.. what to do next??

A) Are even allowed to take it to another company

B) Did you get  a new SIM when you switched to Verizon?

C) did you reset the APN settings?

Also what s the exact model of the device just saying ZTE doesn't help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you updated the new device information with us, so it's updated on the network. Any time you get a new device the IMEI and ICCID information must be updated.

0 Likes