No free phones eh? Your competitors offer them.
Binarywebs
Enthusiast - Level 1

Went to the local verizon store -- Spoke with a male, blue shirt, chubby -- Asked why I was there, told him my phone is broke, need a new one. Asked me what phone I wanted. I said a free one. He said they don't have free phones, told him ok, sprint does, be glad to take my business elsewhere. He turned around and walked away.  As a long time customer, without a current contract, I would suggest doing whatever it takes to keep me as a customer, else, you'll see me and my cash go bye bye.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No free phones eh? Your competitors offer them.
Wildman
Legend

Ok I have to ask, why would your first post be a threat? I dont get why so many choose to use the I will leave threat as a solution? Next, will you be threatening to sue if they dont get free phones now?

0 Likes
Binarywebs
Enthusiast - Level 1

No threats made. As a long term customer, a company in this day and age (and economy) should be willing to assist to maintain good customer relations.  Plenty of competitors out there offering free phones -- Quite a selection.  If you want my hard earned cash, you'll offer customer service, otherwise someone else will.

JockeyBurns
Enthusiast - Level 2

In a free market democratic society, we may not only threaten to take our business elsewhere we may also carry through with that threat. Competition is what makes a free market work!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

This is true but my point is how users throw the lawsuit or threat of leaving as a method to resolve a problem, I am sure that a business wont reverse all its policies because of a threat..   There is always better ways to approach a situation.

No offense intended...

0 Likes
Ringah
Contributor - Level 1

I just took a quick look at the website and found 11 phones for free at a quick glance, there are free phones offered by Verizon, not sure who you talked to in that store but rest assured they are still being offered.

Wildman
Legend
0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

How does customer service translate into free phones?

0 Likes
Binarywebs
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you have to ask, you're too young for the answer.

0 Likes
Binarywebs
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exactly my point.

Here we have a rep. of verizon, within the verizon store, who is telling me they have no free phones.

At no point and time did he ask if I were a customer.

Had he done so, he would have known that i've been a customer for at least 10 years, a customer who always pays his exceptionally large bills, and a customer who was in fact entitled to a free phone.

Neither here nor there now.  The joke--of-a--chat customer service online here on the verizon site was equally idiotic.

Good bye Verizon, enjoying my new, FREE, Sprint smart phone now, with my same ex-verizon telephone number.

0 Likes