Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
No more than two bars???
Jazzbars
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've a new (not refurbished) iPhone 6S (as of October 2015) with a fairly new battery (within the past year).

In the past few months, various friends and family who are in-state and out of state and who are using landlines, iPhones (old and new), and Samsung mobile phones, have ALL told me that I break up, am fuzzy, or completely lost for several seconds during our conversations. No matter where I move in my home, front yard or back yard, I've only one to two bars. My Internet connection is absolutely fine. What is going on? It's extremely frustrating when I'm paying for a service that I'm only partially receiving. My zip code is 84119. Please help. In the case of an emergency, health wise or natural disaster, this issue could be life threatening to me.

From looking at some of the other questions similar to my own, it doesn't look like the questions have been adequately addressed. I would appreciate full service for the full payment I make each month. Thank you.     

Labels (1)
Re: No more than two bars???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jazzbars,

We know how important it is to have reliable service. We would love to look into this issue further with you. After reviewing your area, we do not see any known issues in ZIP Code 84119. However, let's keep pushing forward. 

Do you only have this issue with Calls, or do you have issues with Text Messages as well? The issue with Calls, does it only occur at home, or everywhere you go? Is your phone up to date with the latest iOS version? Is there any physical or water damage to the phone?

0 Likes
Jazzbars
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesenia,

The cutting out/fuzziness issue is with CALLS at my home residence only.

The one/two bars is constant

at my home residence. I’ve not

checked the bars elsewhere as I’ve had no issues elsewhere.

My phone is in pristine condition with no physical or water damage.

I have a strong Internet/WiFi connection.

And yes, I am using iOS 11.4.1, the latest software update.

Sent from my iPhone

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details, Jazzbars. We want to make sure that you are able to make calls on your device without any static. We would like you to do some troubleshooting. On your device, go to Settings, tap General, tap Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings. Then tap the red Reset Settings button. Your device will restart. Once the device is back on, dial #832 and end the call once it is successful. Then test the device by placing calls to see if the static continues. Keep us posted.

Pedro_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you calling over 4G or 3G? Check the setting at Settings > Cellular > Roaming > to see if the phone is set to Voice & Data or just "Data."

Toggle this option to see if it helps. Just remember that starting towards the end of next year, you'll need to make sure this is set to "Voice and Data" as Verizon will begin sunsetting the 3G network.

0 Likes
Jazzbars
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. My phone is set for both voice and data, but I did toggle as suggested.

Thank you also for the notice that 3G will be sunsetting soon.

Still cutting out, but maybe it’s

my device.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Jazzbars
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Pedro. I reset network settings and made the call to #832, then called a friend. As ling as I didn’t move my phone away from my ear she said I came through loud and clear. But twice I held my phone in

front of me and that is when she said I cut out.

I still have only two bars. Yet while in other places in the city I have four bars, like at the restaurant I was at this morning just five miles from me.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jazzbars, we are glad to hear that this has helped with your calls. While we can never guarantee coverage indoors, we know that service is always key. If you are finding that this is specific to the home, a great option would be to use Wi-Fi calling when at this location. Do you have home Internet available?

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jazzbars
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Loren. Yes, my WiFi Calling is always ON. Right now I have one measly bar. And it doesn’t get any better than 2 bars inside my home. But if Verizon is supposed to guarantee coverage outside my home, why do I have only 1 to 2 bars outside while on or within 50 feet of my property?

Shelley

Sent from my iPhone

Jazzbars
Enthusiast - Level 2

Back to the original question after all the troubleshooting. If there are no issues found on Verizon’s end for my zip code, why only one bar, sometimes two at most in my home and outside my home within a 50’

radius? That one call made after

the test call was fuzzy with breakouts if I moved my phone from ear to ear...and all other callers since have said I break up on them. Let’s fix this.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes