No reception at work.
MDMocarski
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have great reception everywhere I go except in my work building. Why can't I get any reception in the building? Sprint users have full bars and ATT users receive about 50% reception. It is extremely frustrating to pay what I pay and not be able to use my phone 10 hours out of the day.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No reception at work.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it possible the other carriers have internal boosters within the building?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MDMocarski
Enthusiast - Level 2

I asked our building engineer and he said there are no boosters that he is aware of.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Is your mobile phone required in order to complete your job duties on a daily basis?

VZW signal is different than all of the other carriers and may be blocked by the building materials.

If you have a newer device you can enable Advanced Calling which will allow you to enable WiFi calling in order to help with connectivity.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MDMocarski,

Our goal is always to provide you with the best service wherever you go. That's a large portion of your day to not be connected. What level of signal does your phone show in the building? When did you first notice this? How far do you get from the building before the service improves?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MDMocarski
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been happening since I started my new position back in August

2016. I originally had a Samsung S7 which began to overheat because it was

constantly searching for a signal so I traded that in for an iphone 7. The

iphone doesn't connect in the building either but it at least doesn't drain

the battery. Throughout the building it shows one dot and goes back and

forth from No Service to 1x. I have to go outside and get about 20 yards or

so from the building in order to get a strong enough signal to use the

phone. We, in the building, have noticed it is a Verizon issue because

Sprint users and even Republic Wireless users have a full signal while ATT

users have about 50-75% signal.

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 10:00 AM, vzw_customer_support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MDMocarski,

That level of service certainly wouldn't be okay with me either. When the best case is one dot with 1x that doesn't help. What level of service do you get when you get 20 yards or so from the building? Do you have access to wi-fi there?

AndrewT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MDMocarski
Enthusiast - Level 2

Once I get 20 yards or so from the building i get full service LTE. We can

connect to our WiFi but it is very limited. I can send iMessages but texts

to users without iphones is impossible. Phone calls, voicemail retrieval,

and certain app usage does not work in the building even while connected to

the wifi.

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 10:33 AM, vzw_customer_support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MDMocarski,

Thank you so much for confirming all of that. We want you getting the best service you can. Indoor coverage has many potential challenges though and different signals will be effected differently by different building materials.

I'm glad you can at least send iMessages over the wi-fi there but I know that's not everything. Do you have wi-fi calling turned on? http://vz.to/2l8JBsH What text messaging app do you use?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
MDMocarski
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do have Wifi calling enabled. I use the default message that comes with

the iphone.

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 11:20 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes