No, seriously: Report Poor Coverage
vzw23
Enthusiast - Level 3

There are thousands of posts on this Verizon Community site wanting to report poor mobile network coverage (phone, data, LTE, 5G, etc.) There are places near our house where I know the network simply doesn't work: the bars are reduced, text messages don't send, calls don't go thru, no cellular data.  

Where are poor coverage areas best reported? Does Verizon have a process by which customers can tell them where the network is failing and they can respond, test, fix, improve? If not, why not? 

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No, seriously: Report Poor Coverage
laurenty
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon needs to provide tools other than calling 611 to report poor coverage. AT&T has an app called “Mark the Spot” that makes this easy. It will collect data and your GPS location and submit it with a single tap of a button. I’m surprised Vz doesn’t already have something similar. 

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always strive to provide you with the service you need. What specific issues are you currently experiencing with your connection? *Ellisandra

0 Likes
vzw23
Enthusiast - Level 3

The specific problem I am experiencing is: there are geographic areas near my home that I know have low or no coverage on the Verizon or roaming networks. I would like to pinpoint these locations for Verizon by reporting them.

However, while Verizon Community has thousands of posts that indicate that customers know where the network has holes or gaps, Verizon does not provide an easily findable/accessible way for customers to formally report these geographic spots,  receive acknowledgment, and then guidance if Verizon is going to address those spots by building or amping towers or if there’s some other limitation.

The resolution I am seeking is for someone to direct me and others to Verizon’s formal way to report geographic spots where Verizon Wireless phones have poor or no coverage.

vzw23
Enthusiast - Level 3

The normal Verizon customer service / support channels (phone, chat) do not have options I can find for reporting poor coverage. I don’t want reimbursement or a discount, I just want Verizon to receive the report (and hopefully incorporate that info into their network planning or management).

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, vzw23, we strive to provide the best possible signal at all times. Allow us to please help investigate & find a resolution for you. Can you please tell us what exact problems you're having when you are not connected to Wi-Fi on your Verizon Wireless phone? For example; are you having problems with dropped calls? Please elaborate on the issues for us. Additionally, please provide us with the zip code in which you are having the trouble. We don't have a way to investigate an area without a zip code being provided. Thanks!  -Alicia

vzw23
Enthusiast - Level 3

When people say "no network coverage" or "poor network coverage", it means exactly that: first, the network signal bars go down to 0 or 1 (or maybe 2) and, second, even if there are any bars indicating network, phone calls will no go through and there is no data.

The two locations that consistently have this problem near me are: 

29.5115, -95.0636

29.5037, -95.0418

My broader question that I would like to have answered is: how do customers formally report this to Verizon and receive acknowledgement?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We have replied in general due to public posts, for details and review please follow and DM. 

We like to take a closer look at the details for the service interruption.  

vzw23
Enthusiast - Level 3

vzw_customer_support, can you please answer the question?

The community is telling you over and over and over that they would like to report poor coverage and that Verizon Wireless does not have a clear place to do that. 

My question is:

WHAT IS THE FORMAL SUPPORT CHANNEL TO REPORT POOR NETWORK COVERAGE TO VERIZON?

community is telling verizon that they need to report poor coverage

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are far as I know, there isn't a formal electronic way to report an outage on the Verizon Wireless network to Verizon Wireless.

The closest formal way is to call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and request they open a trouble ticket to investigate the issue. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Neither the Customer Service line nor the (automated) chat have a way to report poor network coverage (dead zones). They have ways to report _outages_, which would mean that the network was working recently and is now out temporarily.

I am trying to report places in my area where, when you walk or drive into them, the bars drop and you can no longer place calls or use cellular data. If you are streaming music, the music stops, etc.