Re: No, seriously: Report Poor Coverage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I am a consumer myself so I get wanting to figure out what is going on with the area. You are welcome to contact us so we can look into this. I can also help individually here as well. Please tell me more about what is going on. -Amber

0 Likes
vzw23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi  Amber, 

What is going on: there are many posts on the Verizon Community site about specific geographic locations that are "dead zones" or have "no coverage" or "poor coverage" or "poor service".

It is not unclear or ambiguous what Verizon's customers mean when they use these terms: they are trying to report a specific geographic area or place where their normally working devices suddenly have no bars; calls and texts don't go thru; and cellular data is unavailable. The easiest test is to open the "My Verizon" app and see if it connects: in a poor coverage dead zone, the My Verizon app will say, "We're sorry. It looks like we are having trouble connecting. Please connect to an available WiFi network and try again." As a consumer, I expect you've had this experience yourself, and you know the specific areas around your home where Verizon cellular coverage is very inconsistent or non-existent. 

Verizon Support needs to have an easy way where customers can mark and contribute these poor coverage, dead zone locations.  The expectation that I have as a customer is that Verizon Support and Network Management will take these consumer submissions, acknowledge them, and prioritize them to be investigated and potentially fixed.

Because Verizon Support does not have that capability / mechanism, Verizon's consumers are forced to use these community forums. When customers post on these forums, they are belittled into thinking that they don't understand network coverage, or their specific device is not working, or the issue is temporary. So far, on forums and elsewhere, Verizon Support refuses to acknowledge that such things as "poor coverage" or "dead zones" exist. 

What I expect Verizon Support to say is, "send me the specific address or lat/long coordinates, we'll look into the situation, and get back to you in 24-48 hours with network diagnostics and our best explanation for the situation." Is that part of any support script? Has that ever happened?

OKLASCHN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same question. I am in an indoor dead zone next to a window within a suburban area that can't be explained by obstructing walls, etc. I suspect that someone (e.g., an employer or school) is using a signal blocking device (prohibited by federal law). I need to find out whether there is a hyper-local coverage issue so that I can know whether to report the presence of an illegal blocking device.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

OKLASCHN, 

We want to make sure that you always have reliable service. How's your service when you leave this location? Are you having issues with calls, text messages, or accessing data on your phone inside of this building? Do you have access to Wi-Fi at this location? 

-Lasina

afcajjjun
Enthusiast - Level 3

vzw23 and all, we are talking to robots here, literally, we are talking to artificial intelligence computers who make these replies based off of what we type, i have sent 9 PM's to vzw_customer_support and received absolutly no response back, I keep getting told they havn't received a PM back from me.  I even at the very begining had a link to click on, the link has a code 400 error when you click on it, i bet though that the system is simply designed to take you back to the same generic customer service experience, weather it be via chat or phone call, the same procedural cue card have you tried this have you tried that, power it off and back on, and generic responses that lead to no acutal resolutions.  I'm going to keep posting on these forums until I get a real human's attention with verizon, i sent my name and number in a PM 4 times already.  NO one has contacted me yet.  I'm trying to raise the awarness to the community.

THis is exactly that, a community of Verizon customers, its a place where we are supposed to help each other out.  Maybe if we band together we can somehow get our voices heard, I figure a forum with a lot of post, with a lot of likes might have a chance.  let's try, lets like, lets comment, let raise the attention past the point when the computers have to notify a human.

Just my thoughts.  I again will repeat here, I am asking Verizon to prove me wong on this, I really hope and wish they will, it is a dire situation here and I think beyond normal customer service priority needs to apply.  See my other post to understand what that means and feel free to comment and like there as well.  Maybe it'll work.

facenthecrowd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in area code 30019.  This is not a rural area.  It's a suburb of Atlanta.  I keep seeing lots of people post about their coverage getting worse, but I see no logical response from Verizon.  What's the point of owning an iphone 12pro if the service "is less than desirable"  $ucks?  Verizon had the best coverage in my opinion for many years, but now I'm questioning why I stay on as a customer when the service is gradually getting worse.  Is the move to 5g causing these issues?  Is it the newer phones are not able to balance or switch between 5G/4G/LTE or whatever signal is available?  Is there someone at Verizon who can actually address these issues or are we just getting automated responses of "Oh no, we want to keep you as a customer.  We're sorry...."

R71Mopar
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank god someone is finally challenging vzw_Customer_Support on this.... Has ANYONE ever had their poor coverage fixed???? Like the OP stated, there are hundreds of these posts here and it is ridiculous that there is NO formal way to report poor coverage areas.

Thanks for finally posting this and yes it does appear by all the responses from vzw_Customer_support that it is an AI and/or bot most of the time responding.

Maybe someday we will have a formal way to report this dilemma! 

Muppethead
Enthusiast - Level 2

in 85051 here - and quite a few have the SAME issue...some of us have iPhone SE (2020) and some have iPhone 12 - so it's not just the newer phones!!!   

Muppethead
Enthusiast - Level 2

phoenix - 85051 - texts don't send, hot spot wont even work, can't load web browsers, apps can't load, no email....   Come on Verizon!!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is critical that we get to the root cause of your issue, Muppethead. We appreciate you mentioning that it seems not to be the phones, so we would like to look deeper into this. Can you provide more details about what your service is like in terms of calls, texts, and data? The more we know about your experience, the better we can help with a resolution.

-George

0 Likes