Re: No, seriously: Report Poor Coverage
Cargal
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have very poor coverage at my home. Most calls drop if I am not in a couple of specific areas. Inside or outside.  Should I switch carriers to get better coverage or is there something Verizon can do? 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There are a number of factors that affect cell service indoors and near structures, Cargal. This is what makes indoor service a challenge. We would be glad to work with you to see what can be done, though. How long has this been happening? Does this affect anyone who has Verizon, or is it only happening with your device?

-George

0 Likes
loon926xx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not to step on your toes of actually getting a response @Cargal but i've had the same issues ever since I had Verizon which has to be well over 10 years. I'd like @vzw_customer_support to take this seriously... I'm not in a rural area by any stretch of the imagination yet my signal strength here (outside of my house, in a condo complx) is between -126 and -116 pretty much all the time. This wasn't too bad when i had my old 4G device and my home wi-fi internet was decent but capped at 30Mbps. I upgraded to Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and 5G Everything Plan and now paying twice as much for worse service. Was told by sales that the new phone and plan would resolve all of those issues and they apparently opened a ticket a couple of months ago and nothing has changed. I can literally drive 1-2 miles and get speeds of 302Mbps d/l but here at my home i get 6.7Mbps d/l speed.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, there! We always want you to have the best connection possible. What is your ZIP Code? With this, we can look into your area.

*Breanna

0 Likes
loon926xx
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate the fast response, zip code is 92677. on a side note i almost cancelled my VZW service about 6 yrs ago due to the same service issues ( i couldn't even use wifi calling because there was such a delay in the service response that callers thought no one was on the other end so they hung up before i was connected) if it wasn't for one manager sending me the network extender i would have had no other choice. I'd also note that support kept pointing to my router as the source of the delay so i found it odd that my work ATT device had no delay using wifi calling.

laurenty
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon needs to provide tools other than calling 611 to report poor coverage. AT&T has an app called “Mark the Spot” that makes this easy. It will collect data and your GPS location and submit it with a single tap of a button. I’m surprised Vz doesn’t already have something similar.