No service in Fort Lauderdale Airport
JetRocket
Enthusiast - Level 3

VZW has terrible service inside of Fort Lauderdale international airport. When I flew in it was showing good signal but with an x on it and no internet.

Rebooting phone multiple times didn't help.

It started working fine after leaving the airport.

Now same issue as I fly out. No Verizon service inside the FLL airport.

Labels (1)
Re: No service in Fort Lauderdale Airport
bearone21
Legend

the best network speeds are 5-12mbps & can be much slower, being inside the terminal isn't helping.

0 Likes
JetRocket
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would have been fine with even 1 Mbps but there was no service at all, just an X over the bars and in settings it said Verizon but no internet.

bearone21
Legend

building construction with both concrete & steel can block the signal.

btw: even 1mbps won't be enough for most phone uses.

0 Likes
_landman_
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. It makes it nearly impossible to request a Lyft or Uber without service. One thing that's helped me is connecting to the airport wi-fi. But that can be hit or miss once you're outside the airport. I have friends with other wireless networks, and it seems like Verizon is the only carrier with issues.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a consumer too and I certainly understand your dilemma with service at the airport, _landman_. I travel often as well and I know how challenging wireless service can be at any airport. While we make every effort to provide the best possible wireless service everywhere (including airports), radio signals associated with airport activities take priority over cellular wireless signal and service can be impacted (some times greatly). Please visit this link (http://spr.ly/6602E9UbG)to see more about factors that can impact wireless service.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Yamahaguy

Thats the point - after legislation forced the airport to allow for ride sharing,  not having reception is the next best weapon.

I'm here to complain about the exact same thing.

Dozens of people walking around phone in the air and frustrated, including myself.  Two samsungs and an iphone, none with reception.  Took almost 30 minutes for uber to even load.

You can pretty much count on not having reception and must adjust your plans accordingly, allowing for that 30 minutes it might take to connect.

Miffed

0 Likes
mjsabin

I had the same issue at the airport this week. 

0 Likes
skstrain
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Uber drivers all tell you that Verizon does not work at FLL, even outside. Other cellphone carriers work just fine there. My phone shows 4G LTE and three bars, but I have no internet access, only phone. That airport is doing something to block Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have access to your data at all times, especially when you are at an airport, we'll be glad to help. Have you always had this issue at this location? Are you having issues with calls or texts?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes