No service in Mexico
James161271
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the unlimited plan and was recently on vacation in Mexico. I could not access any data. I spoke with Verizon live chat and they told me because I have an unlocked phone (brand new Samsung Z fold 2) this why I couldn't get data. Does anyone know if I switch my phone to a Verizon network locked phone, then this will solve the issue? I will be looking to buy one from Ebay 

0 Likes
Re: No service in Mexico
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with accessing data on your phone while in Mexico, James161271. I definitely want to help figure out. We're happy to do a deeper dive on that phone to help figure this out. Please respond to our private note.  

-RSM

0 Likes
James161271
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I reply to your private message when I cant open it?! Can someone call me please 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@James161271 wrote:

How do I reply to your private message when I cant open it?! Can someone call me please 

How are you trying to 'open it'?  You should get an email alerting you of the PM but can't use the email to access it, by design.  You have to log INTO the Community Forum, access your profile/messages there and click on the 'subject' of the message which should be a link to the actual message.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
James161271
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your help. 

0 Likes