No service in Uptown Charlotte, NC
strollincash
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently started working in Uptown Charlotte and the coverage here seems ok (phone shows LTE and all bars) however, I have almost NO service.  I have an iPhone.  iMessage does not work, nor does email or sometimes even voicemail.  It's not my office either as walking outside and several blocks away, the lack of coverage is the same - all bars and "LTE" show on my phone the entire time as well.  I've tried rebooting my phone and this does nothing.  This is extremely frustrating and I am not sure what is causing the issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No service in Uptown Charlotte, NC
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see how this issue would be frustrating strollincash. What zip code is this you're located in? Please also reset your network settings http://bit.ly/OPvlTq. Do you have any co-workers with VZW having the issue as well?

Marquia_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
druvy11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also work in uptown Charlotte, NC and am having the same issue. 4G is showing on the phone and bars but almost no service at all. Extremely slow.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for shaing your wireless concern with us. druvy11. As your wireless provider, we are committed to attaining and retaining your wireless happiness. Let's get this taken care of. May I ask what zip code are you in? Have you tried the steps in the link that my co-worker posted? If so then what were the results? As you share the details of the concern then we can customize a solution for you.

Arnett_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jetpackuser7
Enthusiast - Level 2

We happen to be experiencing the same issues with 5 Verizon 4G LTE jet-packs that my company provided. Around the same time, we noticed a complete drop in upload speed on all 5 devices.The current consistent upload speeds are averaging 0.05Mbps with downloads ranging from 0.8 to 2Mbps. My coworkers and I rely on these for VPN and for about three weeks, we have struggled with no service. I have opened a ticket regarding this issue, but never received a call back or any update on the status. All the 5 jet-packs are located at Charlotte NC 28212. Now the funny thing is when we leave uptown, all jet-packs work fine. This issue should be investigated since it is affecting our production. It has been working well for a few years till recently. We don't intend on switching carriers, unless the issue remains unresolved. Thank you.

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

jetpackuser7
Enthusiast - Level 2

This are the average results on speed test:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2876988296

It seems ridiculous but it's true. The service here has a issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jetpackuser7,

I want to ensure that you are getting the best possible wireless service in your area! You mentioned a ticket has been open for you, please provide the NRB ticket number and we'll follow up on the status of this ticker for you. I see that this issue occurs in a specific location and no issues are notated for this area, which most likely indicates that this is a location issue. Do you get better speeds if you bring your device outdoors? Indoor service can greatly impact signal and we cannot guarantee indoor service. This can also be a structural interference issue. I look forward to see that NBR information so I can follow up on it for you. Also provide your Jetpack model (s) and we'll post specific troubleshooting instructions.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please don't post the ticket number in the public forum as it is against the here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jetpackuser7
Enthusiast - Level 2

The service does not get any better when you go outside. We tried it when we first started having issues since wh thought it was due to interference. But the whole area I am in and a radius of about 3 blocks that we tried gave the same slow results. We all have the MIFI 4620LE jetpacks.

This are the average results on speed test:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2876988296

It seems ridiculous but it's true. The service here has a issue.

The speeds are posted on the above link. Thank you.

0 Likes
Gregory71

I've been having the same issue.  I called into Verizon and they just wanted to reset network connections.  I've noticed that is I turn off LTE on my iPhone 5 then I can connect to the network. I have confirmed same issue with 2 other people in my building.  Once I get out of downtown onto 77 it seems to work fine. jsut seems to be Uptown locations. I switched out my SIMM but that didn't help.

Comment edited for personal information to comply with the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes