No service in Westlake OH 44145
BIGMIKEBASS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here in Westlake, OH 44145 near Dover Center and Center Ridge Road.

Absolute dead zone.  No bars, unable to receive or initiate calls, voicemails never recieved,

Have read the minutes from the 2 city council meetings where a representative from Verizon attended, both times the Verizon representative did not have a plan to implement for known problem.  These meeting were in January of 2017 and July of 2017 respectively. 

Is there concrete plans to properly equip the customers in this large city (not a rural area) with the reliable network you advertise?  What is the timeline for fixing these issues. 

Thanks for your time and attention. 
Mike

A customer who is part of a growing number of people in the area considering switching providers as my service has been impacted for so long. 

Harrumph.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No service in Westlake OH 44145
deloused
Master - Level 3

I see what you’re referring to with the service issues in that area there having dead spots. Looking at those details and the public records you mentioned it doesn’t seem like there are imminent plans for network expansion or improvement there.

You’re best bet would be to select whichever provider has the best services for where you need to use them.

Just like any for profit business, wireless carriers will have invest in infrastructure improvements and expansion in order to increase revenue, and the implementation of the plans are determined based on the priority of where would provide the most cost effective options and the biggest potential return on investment.

While no carrier provides coverage everywhere, the priority of where to expand next is primarily determined by the economics, demographics and infrastructureof the location. In Ohio for example Westlake would be pretty low on the priority list due to the lower/shrinking/aged population whereas Columbus would be quite high due to the higher/rising/younger population as well as number of students, tourists, visitors and traffic passing through the area. Also local resident opposition to expansion efforts such as in the past would affect future plans such as when Verizon did have plans to add a cell tower in that area of Westlake approved by the city council and later revoked due to resident petitions of opposition to having a new cell site in their neighborhood. It is unfortunately pretty common in many areas that people want good wireless services but don't want to see the tower in their area. After spending thousands of dollars in application fees, consulting fees, and employee salary time to analyze potential spots for new towers and still not being able to complete the plans due to opposition, or legal compliance any company would be less likely to seriously consider future plans in the area.

Aside from already having an economically & demographically attractive location to attract new businesses to expand there many cities decide to offer increased incentives such as reducing or covering the costs to expand or operate there, like tax rates, fees, or construction. Those options may be a viable idea for the city council to consider.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for contacting us about this issue. We want to make sure to address any concerns. Are you still in the affected area? We can see if this isolated to this location. Did you notice any issues outside of this area? What kind of phone do you have? Are you still affected by this?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

I see what you’re referring to with the service issues in that area there having dead spots. Looking at those details and the public records you mentioned it doesn’t seem like there are imminent plans for network expansion or improvement there.

You’re best bet would be to select whichever provider has the best services for where you need to use them.

Just like any for profit business, wireless carriers will have invest in infrastructure improvements and expansion in order to increase revenue, and the implementation of the plans are determined based on the priority of where would provide the most cost effective options and the biggest potential return on investment.

While no carrier provides coverage everywhere, the priority of where to expand next is primarily determined by the economics, demographics and infrastructureof the location. In Ohio for example Westlake would be pretty low on the priority list due to the lower/shrinking/aged population whereas Columbus would be quite high due to the higher/rising/younger population as well as number of students, tourists, visitors and traffic passing through the area. Also local resident opposition to expansion efforts such as in the past would affect future plans such as when Verizon did have plans to add a cell tower in that area of Westlake approved by the city council and later revoked due to resident petitions of opposition to having a new cell site in their neighborhood. It is unfortunately pretty common in many areas that people want good wireless services but don't want to see the tower in their area. After spending thousands of dollars in application fees, consulting fees, and employee salary time to analyze potential spots for new towers and still not being able to complete the plans due to opposition, or legal compliance any company would be less likely to seriously consider future plans in the area.

Aside from already having an economically & demographically attractive location to attract new businesses to expand there many cities decide to offer increased incentives such as reducing or covering the costs to expand or operate there, like tax rates, fees, or construction. Those options may be a viable idea for the city council to consider.

BIGMIKEBASS
Enthusiast - Level 1

deloused,

Sincere thanks for your time and thoughtful reply. That does seem logical. 

Looks like a switch of providers is in order.  It is infortunate as I work with along side 200 people in that vicinity that and I know my frustration is not a singularity.

I will pass along that notion to the city council. It does seem like sound advice. It is just frustrating working in an area where you cannot recieve calls from the doctors office, family, and your child’s school, let along access email or the web.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want to see is a customer leaving us, BIGMIKEBASS. While it can be difficult to predict expansion plans for an area, there may be options (i.e. WIFI calling, etc.) to help. What make and model phone do you have?

LynnD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes