No service in middle of city, expected to pay additional $250 to get service
Kathobson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a loyal customer with Verizon for about 8 years as well as my family for even longer. I recently moved to Redmond WA which is the middle of a city where I get full service everywhere until I am a mile or two anywhere near my home.Because of these neither of the lines on our plan has service unless we drive a couple miles down the road, the service is so low we cannot make calls and can barely send text messages. I’ve spoken with others who live on the property and they all have received signal boosters from their providers, the majority of these people are Verizon customers as well. Those who were Verizon customers said they received them free of charge since the impact to their service is so drastic.

I contacted customer service who had said he could definitely assist the same way, however I needed to talk to a technical representative. He said he was going to add a note into my file saying he was granting me a signal booster with the charges waved. However when I talked to the next person he said he couldn’t do it and I would have to pay the $250, I spoke to another customer representative who again said the same thing. I found this completely ridiculous since multiple people in my same complex were given them and I had already been told I would be too.

I am simply asking for a signal booster. I feel it unfair that a) I was originally told this request would be granted and am now being denied b) this request has been granted to a number of people and I’m being denied c) I am being forced to pay an additional $250 after already buying phones and paying a lot of money for no service. I do not want to leave this company and I do hope this request can be granted, as I have found in the contract agreement: “if service is interrupted in your home airtime rate for more than 24 hours in a row, call us within 90 days and we’ll give you a pro rata daily credit, up to your monthly access charge for that period”. Since this is a permanent situation unless the booster is provided I feel a minimum of 50% of my service rate should be subtracted from my bill.

I've attempted at contacted my region contact but the messenger window that opens on the link below will not allow me to send the message. I attempted to send it from my personal email assuming his email would be [removed], not sure if that will actually go through or not. Please help.

Region Leadership | Verizon Wireless

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No service in middle of city, expected to pay additional $250 to get service
Snn5
Legend

Here's the thing though:  You had service at the address you lived at when you signed up for service.  Now, where you are, you do not have service.  Verizon did not interrupt your service, you did so by moving to an area with no service.  Boosters MIGHT be granted to those people whose service was interrupted due to Verizon's fault, such as a declining service during the time that the subscriber stayed at the address where service began, but the tower didn't move, the customer did in this story.  Those credits at a prorated amount are based on a tower failure or similar service outage, not a device failure, and not a customer relocation and also apply to the same address where service began.

0 Likes
Re: No service in middle of city, expected to pay additional $250 to get service
rcschnoor
Legend

Sorry, I think you are out of luck here. You chose to move to an area where service was questionable. The service rep may have attempted to grant you a free booster, but it was denied. You should either pay for the booster, live with the lower service OR change providers. A landline is also an option. I don't understand why people choose to not have a landline in their home IF their cellular coverage is questionable AND the nature of cellular service is that it CANNOT provide complete coverage of ALL areas, REGARDLESS OF PROVIDER. If you change providers, you may have to purchase a booster from them, too, as you are CHOOSING to switch to them where they may ALSO not have stellar service. You stated neighbors from other providers have boosters, too, so it may be that you will need a booster from another provider.

0 Likes
daveyboysmith

So does a consumer have to research every square inch of a city just to find out which blocks have service and which don't? Finding a place to live that fits certain parameters is difficult enough, and after 8+ years of dumping money into a gigantic corporation I think they can provide slightly better customer service than this. The amount is negligible for them and they'll keep a customer. My friend has AT&T and she moved to a place that had no service and they provided a booster FREE of charge. This maybe anecdotal but is still relevant. I think what no one is saying here is that Verizons CS is total dogdirt. 

0 Likes