Non return fee for phone already returned?
Russter78

i Returned a phone as part of the edge program. Tracking shows it was delivered on Jan. 15th. I am still getting emails saying the device has not been received and I will be charged. Why is verizon unable to locate the phone usps delivered?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Non return fee for phone already returned?
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Russter78!

Thanks for participating in the Edge program and returning the device! I'm sorry for any delay in processing. Please keep in mind that there is a processing time frame for the warehouse to check in the device. In addition, until that's completed, you may still get the automated notifications. Please allow some additional time for the process to complete.

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nicolton
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having essentially the same issue. I dropped my edge device in the toilet right before i was to Edge Up, so I ordered a device replacement from Asurion (thank God for insurance). I sent back my wet phone to Asurion, my boyfriend ordered my edge up upgrade for me, when I received the new edge device, I sent back the replacement phone to Verizon. I keep receiving emails saying that my device has not been received but it also shows up that it was received at destination. Help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello nicolton

So many turn of events in this post! I am glad you were able to receive a replacement phone and now you have the phone of your choice.  The Edge program makes it exciting and I am glad you are not part taking in the program. How long ago did you send back your phone to Verizon Wireless? Once a phone makes it into the warehouse it has to be processed which may take a few days after arrival. Keep us updated.

YareliM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ewing999
Enthusiast - Level 3

Keep after Verizon! My phone was delivered Dec 9 and my next bill coming up march 1 has the charge on it. $299 for an HTC Rezound! I was on the phone yesterday with cs. I had them run the tracking number for themselves and they saw it was delivered. I then had them run the esn from the phone and it came up as logged in as received but i still have the charge. They assure me the charge will be off my bill till it comes due.  I assured them if it wasnt I will port my numbers to new phones with another carrier. I will then file charges against Verizon in small claims court.

0 Likes
Manyjob
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing here. Mid December my wife needed a new phone and we put hers on the Edge program. I've just now gotten off the phone for the 6th time with customer service regarding this. We also kept getting the messages that the phone was not received, and kept calling and were assured it would be taken care of. Finally got a message that I was going to be billed for it, called again, and went ballistic on them about this Was told there was an open case on it and it would be taken care of. Sure enough, my billing cycle closed the 15th and there it is on the bill, $324 charge for equipment. And the tracking number shows that it was received in Fort Worth on December 26th.

This last call, the person has put in for a credit again, and has called Financial Services. I'm supposed to hear back from her again Saturday. She said it could take up to 10 days. As I threatened last time I called, I think I'll be taking my business elsewhere (customer since 2002 with 6 lines currently) and am going to look into getting a lawyer. Sounds like it's time for a class action lawsuit, doesn't it?

Txnurselisa

Same thing here!!! I Edged up Dec 11th at my local Best Buy Store. Sent it in using the provided label. A week ago there was a $425 charge on my bill. I first called and was told it was a glitch in the edge system and it should fall off. I called today and was told it was a warehouse issue most likely, that they don't show it in the share house but that sometimes after holidays they are "backlogged". She filled out a ticket to investigate it for me.  Hopefully it will be taken care of but after reading many comments and issues posted on here I am not sure.  I have been with Verizon for years. Have NEVER missed a monthly payment, and never had an issue when phones previously returned.

0 Likes