Nonstop dropped calls Bergen County NJ
Pettyfan1

Over the past several months, I have experienced an unacceptable rate of dropped calls.  The time of day or evening does not matter. It can happen at any moment, whether I or a friend/relative initiate a call or a call-back.  I live in Bergen County, very close to Manhattan. Examples:

• A conversation with my sister, she in Naples, Florida; 10 dropped calls in 12 minutes
  • A conversation with my friend, in Rockland County, the week of June 29, three dropped calls in about 10 minutes
  • A conversation with my niece in Tampa in late June, at least seven dropped calls in ten minutes
  • A conversation with my mother in nearby Connecticut (July 7, 2020, ending 7:10 pm), three dropped calls until we finally were able to talk for a few minutes.
  • Multiple conversations throughout the week with my husband, who works in NJ just ten miles away from our home, and is a Verizon customer, and whether he is in his office, in his car, on his landline, or on his cell phone:  drop, drop, drop, call back, call back, call back.

Verizon, why can I sometimes have a ten-minute conversation with someone with  no problem, and then have countless interruptions of dropped calls. THIS PROBLEM DID NOT EXIST SIX MONTHS AGO.  And please don't blame it on COVID-19, because I know Verizon customers who do not  have this problem.

0 Likes
Re: Nonstop dropped calls Bergen County NJ
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pettyfan1, making sure you are able to keep a proper connection while on a phone call is vital. We are terribly sorry to hear about your experience. Allow us the opportunity to further investigate. Can you please clarify if your calling concern only happens indoors or everywhere you go? Are text messages and data services also impacted? How far do you have to travel from the troubled location to receive a proper connection?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
viper1231
Enthusiast - Level 2

Pettyfan1

Did you ever find out what's wrong ?  I also live in Bergen County

I have the exact same issue over the past couple of months.  Dropped calls consistently when on the mobile network, but good on wi-fi at home.

Also, the phone changes the date whenever it feels like it .... usually somewhere around the year 2000.

I can pay half the price that verizon charges and get the same number of dropped calls.  Tier 1 and 2 support were no help for me

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

viper1231, ensuring your services are working properly is our priority. We're here to assist. We just need some clarifying details. What's the make and model of your phone? Had any updates or changes been made to your phone before the issue began? What zip code are you located in? 

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
viper1231
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S9

I live in the 07660 zip code

When I went to a local verizon store, I was told that many others have come in and complained about the same exact  2 issues ...... constant dropped calls and the phone randomly changing the date back to the year 2000.

3 more months, my phone is paid and I'll be switching to a new carrier if nothing changes.  Not worth the extra cost

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely do not want you to leave us, and we want to make sure your service is working properly at all times so that we can turn this experience around. Please tell us, does this happen during specific times of the day? Does this happen while being indoors or outdoors? Do you have access to Wi-Fi at the impacted location?
GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes