Not Getting the Promotion Code for Trade In and Up program
i_am_sam2005
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was lured into buying a new phone from Verizon due to the trade in and up program.  From the website it says I could get a minimum $100 for my old phone when I purchased/activated a new smartphone.  I activated my new device and have been waiting for more than 5 business days for the promo code but it never arrived. I called both Verizon customer service and Verizon recycle program but they cannot help much since they can only escalate the issue.  Now I really doubt if this is a legitimate program?  Does anyone else have the same issue? Did you contact anyone who can help you?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not Getting the Promotion Code for Trade In and Up program
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

i.am.sam2005,

Let's clear the air and address any concern with our Trade-in Program. When you appraise your device you then receive an email with your submission ID. Do you recall receiving this email? We want to ensure you receive your money, so suggest contacting our Trade-in department directly at 877-247-3846.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
peterwinston

Yes, I'm having exactly the same issue!

0 Likes
i_am_sam2005
Enthusiast - Level 2

let's gather up a few more people and I think maybe we can file to small claim court together? This is nonsense....

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

First off, you will never get $100 for your phone from them. They will come back and tell you that your phone has water damage or is somehow damaged and does not qualify for the $100.  Do yourselves a favor and go to Giselle or one of the other reputable programs and sell your phone there.  I have never seen any comments that Verizon's program is worth anything, just the horror stories of being promised $100 or $150 and getting $28 or nothing because the Center does not know how to plug a phone into a charger so they always come back with your phone does not qualify. It is damaged, has Water Damage or the charging port is broken.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

i.am.sam2005,

Let's clear the air and address any concern with our Trade-in Program. When you appraise your device you then receive an email with your submission ID. Do you recall receiving this email? We want to ensure you receive your money, so suggest contacting our Trade-in department directly at 877-247-3846.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
i_am_sam2005
Enthusiast - Level 2

Karen, as I mentioned earlier, I never received the code (no text or email) so I cannot even processed the trade in.  How long do I have to wait before Verizon will do something about this?

0 Likes
peterwinston

Karen,

I was trying to take advantage of the "Trade In and Trade Up" promotion.  I was supposed to get a promotion code 5 days after activating a new phone.  Almost 3 weeks after activating a new phone I hadn't gotten a promotion code.

Anyway I finally got the promotion code after 4 phone calls (2 to verizon, 2 to the recycling program).  So now I'm on to the next step and have submitted my phone trade in information.  We'll see if I have the difficulties others have described on the forums here.

However, even if everything goes smoothly I've already wasted almost an hour of my time following up on something that should have just happened.  I would imagine most Verizon customers find it annoying to have their time wasted.

Regards...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

i.am.sam2005,

I understand you need to get this resolved ASAP and in order to do so, the Trade-IN program has to be contacted as they have access to all the information regarding your trade in, please access this page for contact information http://bit.ly/LY03Js .

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Dan_F
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having issues with the trade in program.  I posted earlier on not receiving the promised $200.  They are shorting me $176.

See...

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1055032#1055032

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I didn't go to the link but let me guess. You sent them an iPhone and they are telling you it will either NOT charge correctly or will not turn on? I guess this because they tell everyone this.

0 Likes