Not Receiving Emergency Alerts
MrColgate
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an LG G3. It has all of the latest Verizon and Android updates. Under Apps\Settings\Emergency Alerts, I have Extreme Alerts, Severe Alerts, and Amber Alerts checked. Unfortunately, I never receive any alerts. A tornado warning was issued for my immediate area an hour ago, and nothing. I know that this used to work on my Galaxy S3, but has never worked on the G3. I know that I can receive alerts via other sources through a text message, but text messages while I am at work typically go ignored until lunch or after hours. Any suggestions, or is this a feature for Verizon to have software for the phone that does not work?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not Receiving Emergency Alerts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
MrColgate, thank you for those valuable details.  I'm not finding any other reports of the LG G3 having trouble receiving emergency alerts.  This may have been an isolated incident with your specific device, but we can certainly look into filing an investigation.  Can you please verify the software version that you're currently on? You can find this through your settings>about phone. Thanks.

TrevorC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

On my G2 4.4.2 and 5.0.2, the alerts never worked.  Not once.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
It's important that your device is set up to receive emergency alerts, MrColgate. In addition to selecting which alerts you would like to receive, there is also options for the alert reminder. Are these settings enabled on your device? http://spr.ly/65877kHP

AndreaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
MrColgate
Enthusiast - Level 2

The following are checked or setExtreme AlertsSevere AlertsAmber AlertsVibrate AlwaysAlert Reminder Once

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
MrColgate,  just want to clarify on the way Amber Alerts are functioning. If one has come through, have others received them with the exception of your phone?

While the alerts are more tied to the actual area, just in case, are your location settings enabled through your phone via Settings?

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes
MrColgate
Enthusiast - Level 2

All of the alerts are currently selected under apps/emergency alerts, Alert reminder is set to "Once",  Location is turned on for my device under apps/settings/. No alerts have ever come through. My most recent should have been a tornado warning, which was the same day that I opened this up for support. I do not know if others have received any of the alerts since I only have access to how my phone functions. I know that I had received alerts on my previous phone(Samsung Galaxy G3), but have not had that for quite some time.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
MrColgate, thank you for those valuable details.  I'm not finding any other reports of the LG G3 having trouble receiving emergency alerts.  This may have been an isolated incident with your specific device, but we can certainly look into filing an investigation.  Can you please verify the software version that you're currently on? You can find this through your settings>about phone. Thanks.

TrevorC_VZW
0 Likes
MrColgate
Enthusiast - Level 2

Android Version 5.0.1Software Version VS98523CSecurity Software Version MDf v1.1 Release 2

0 Likes