Re: Not getting correct trade-in credit
JLM013
Enthusiast - Level 1

Really hate hearing this as I'm in the same boat.  Traded in a iPhone 6 in perfect condition back in February of this year on the promised $600 trade-in deal towards a new iPhone 7 plus and haven't seen any credits applies (already 4 billing cycles have passed).   I had contacted their support about this back in April and was basically told it would take a few billing cycles for the credits to start showing up. 

This was actually the only reason I switched our family over from AT&T to Verizon.  If they don't come through on this, we'll definitely switch back to AT&T and just pay off the remaining balance on the iPhone 7 along with seeing about filing a small claims case against Verizon for the cost of iPhone 6.  Certainly seems like the group handling these trade-in's are either incompetent or intentionally trying to cheat people out of their devices or the store sales people are lying about the whole offer to begin with.  Sigh...  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JLM013,

Your promo is just as important to us as it is to you. We do have a certain team that specializes in your Switcher Promotion. What happens when you check on your status here: http://spr.ly/65838mCSh.

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

NICHUN28
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in the same situation and am very frustrated with Verizon. This is not exactly the best way to start a business relationship.

We switched from ATT to Verizon on their trade in program. My husband's phone was less than 7 months old and in perfect condition.  After we did all the paperwork ww were given a sheet that showed a trade in of $343. We were told that we would receive this in the form of an electronic credit of $343 and the balance of the device value would be assessed once they received the phone and confirmed the condition of it. That balance, we were told, would come in the form of a credit card. In order to get the rest of the credit, we were to submit the phone with the balance bill from ATT and they would then pay the difference.

Phone and bill showing balance of phone were submitted, but we have never received any additional compensation beyond the original payment of $343.  The phone balance was $538.96. I have made numerous calls, spent well over 6 hours on the phone with Verizon, and still no resolution. At times, the customer service isn't even familiar with the pr0gram. All the time, they keep bouncing me back and forth between departments, telling me that "for security reasons" they cannot access all the info that they supposedly need to determine and solve the problem.

I have submitted everything I have been given, and as wonder why the responsibility is on me to submit paperwork that they should already have. I get emails saying that the submissions are "inlaid" but no detail as to why or what else they are looking for.

This seems l like a misleading promotion, with no intention to make payment on the equipment they receive. At what point is this fraud?

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I don't know how the other people on this thread made out since the last response before yours was back in June. I do however know that the customer service has really been unbelievable for the past few years. I can't understand why a company as big as Verizon is that they would let this kind of complaint go for this long. If this had happen to me I would start here and get in touch with at least the top 3 on this page. Keep us posted on how you made out and the ones that started this thread I wish they would let us know what happened to them.

Leadership | About Verizon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello NICHUN28,

I'm so sorry to learn that you have yet to reach a resolution with your trade in. This is not the way we want you to start things off with us. I'm personally willing to find a resolution for you. I'll be sending you a Direct Message right away, so I can take ownership of this issue and we can work together to get this taken care of.

ChristinaB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s our goal to make sure each of our valued customers has an excellent experience no matter where you turn to for assistance with your cellular account, kathy65793. I’m disheartened to see you’ve had anything but great customer service. Can you tell me more about how I can help with your Verizon Wireless experience today?

JenniferH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Shankster116

I have the same problem with Verizon and haven’t received or seen and I’ve contacted Verizon. I switched from atat to Verizon only bc they promised me credit on my old phone and would pay off device through atat I’m still getting billed from atat and haven’t got credit whatsoever for any of this. Why? Verizon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that your issue is properly looked into, Shankster116. Have you been able to track the status of your trade-in? You can do so here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/device-status/

HarleyE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Shankster116

I never received a submission ID Or if I did I never got it. Besides how come I have to track something that should have been done awhile back when I was told it would be done within a few months. Why don’t you just look it up for me and tell what’s going on instead of giving me the run around. I’ve been very patient already and this is what will push me over the limit. Please take care of this ASAP.

thank you,

Shannon [removed]

[removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
Shankster116

What is my submission number I’ve been waiting a very long time and would like to get this resolved right away.

0 Likes