Not receiving phone calls or text
got_ham

Hi, when people call my number they get a message stating that I am unavailable and to try again later. Message 2 switch 189 is the error. Also I have two-factor authentication enabled for my gmail account and I don't get the text message from them when I sign in. I only get text from Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving phone calls or text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

got_ham, help is here! Making sure you can receive calls & texts is important. Since this has been happening, have you been able to turn your phone completely off for a minute & then turn it back on to test if someone can then contact you? If not, please give this a try. Do you have full signal displaying on your phone when these calls try to come through? Have you made any recent changes to your phone such as a new app or new software?AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
got_ham

I have turned my phone off and on. I have an iPhone 11 Pro with the latest software and I still can't receive calls or get any texts from my two-factor authentication gmail account. This started from the day I got my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you keep your account and information safe is a must @got_ham We'd love to find out more about this situation, and in doing so, we'd like to ask some questions. How are you trying to set this up? From your phone, computer, etc.? Are all other services working? Calls, text, data, etc.?

AbrahamS_VZW

0 Likes
got_ham

I am setting this up through my phone. Data works (both 4G LTE and wi-fi) and I get texts from Verizon and my brother who has metro by t-mobile. I just don't get texts from anyone I have two-factor authentication from like google or Experian. My brother tried to call me but gets an error message. I tried calling myself with my other phone (on metro by t-mobile) and I get an error message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to ensure you have the best of service! How long have you been experiencing this? Did you confirm that it was activated completely? We're eager to hear from you soon. MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes