Not receiving texts
JeffShultz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not receiving texts sent to ph#@vtext.com from a monitoring system. My coworker, also on Verizon, is getting his from the same source. We have access to our outgoing server and it is getting the "message received" ack from the Verizon server for both his and my addresses.

My supervisor is a bit annoyed since I missed a major alarm on our switch last night.

I am getting texts from other sources and I can directly email to the @vtext.com service. It is just that one source.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi JeffShultz, I can understand wanting to have texts being sent yo your device using Vtext. Let me see what's going on. Are the ones trying to send you a text from Vtext logged into My Verzion? When did this issue start happening? Share more details so we can work on a solution.

EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JeffShultz
Enthusiast - Level 1

They are being sent via email to ph#@vtext.com from netguardian@sctcweb.com.

This began no later than January 5th, and likely a day or so before that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is interesting to hear, JeffShultz. I know how important it is to have all of your messages come through. Let's look into this more. Have you changed or updated your phone recently? What were you doing on your phone prior to this happening?
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JeffShultz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I haven't done anything to my phone lately. I use Hangouts for SMS, have for quite some time, briefly switched to Messenger a week or so ago, no change.

0 Likes
JeffShultz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Only updates done to the OS are the ones that Verizon releases (waiting for next version...). Other updates are through Google Play.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JeffShultz

I know how important this is for you. What happens when you try to send a message to your phone number from your personal email account?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JeffShultz
Enthusiast - Level 1

It works. In fact, I've set up a workaround, since those texts are also emailed to my work email, I'm having GMail auto-forward them to my vtext.com address. It works, as long as the problem doesn't involve an internet outage at work...

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Are the messages that you're not receiving (but your co-worker is) addressed to multiple phone number destinations from the same email (ex- To: ph#1@vtext.com, ph#2@vtext.com etc.) or are the emails sent individually only to one user at a time?

0 Likes
JeffShultz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I asked our system administrator (who is the other person on Verizon), and he says that based on our messages having different Message ID's in the acknowledgments, it appears that they are separate, one user at a time emails.

0 Likes