Not too warm and fuzzy of a feeling after switching to Verizon
guitargain
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently switched to Verizon from AT&T.  We traded in two iPhone 12s and was supposed to get the up to $500 per phone back from Verizon.  I had some trouble getting my numbers ported over to Verizon.  Finall got mine ported over, but my wife's number came up with some kind of fraud prevention lock (or so AT&T said).  We owed a little over $1100 to pay off credits to AT&T.  During the port of my wife's number I was told by AT&T that I would have to pay the $1100 owed on the phone credits before they would release the phone number for porting to Verizon, so I paid it.  I had already advised the mentor in the store that I would be paying off the remaining balance with AT&T the following morning.  Never once did he tell me not to do that before I got a "last" bill showing the amount owed on the phones.  We paid if off got the number ported and thought everything was good. Tried to go through the process online to activate the up to $500 back and no go.  Went back to the store and talked to a different person and they told me that since I had already paid off the phones then I WOULD not be getting the $500 back on the two phones.  He then proceeds to tell me that there is nothing he can do and he never even got up from his little desk.  I have somewhat talked to the mentor who claims he is bumping it up to his boss.  I haven't really heard much from him in over a week.  

I am disgusted at this point since no one has let me know anything.  I traded in several phones with AT&T over the years and never had this problem, the only reason I switched was because AT&T signal has degraded in my area.  I certainly didn't switch to get hoodwinked out of a $1000 by Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Not too warm and fuzzy of a feeling after switching to Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

guitargain, We are truly sorry to hear about your overall experience. Making sure you receive accurate information is always important. We are sorry to hear about the initial concern you were experiencing with your prior carrier with Porting out your phone numbers. The up to $500 Switch promotional gift card will require you to upload your final bill and to include the buyout amount for your devices. We apologize for any inconvinience this has caused.  -Sylvia

0 Likes
guitargain
Enthusiast - Level 1

Which is why there is a problem in the first place.  I am pretty sure I have received the last bill already. The problem is when you try to upload the bill I have it says the bill has to be dated after I signed up with Verizon and it doesn't.  I really need some help here or I will probably just take the phones back and exercise the 30 day return.  I realize I will get ripped off again by doing that, because I was told in the store that Verizon would credit me a fair amount on my phones I traded in, but it's the principle.

0 Likes
guitargain
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have the receipts for paying off the phones with AT&T but I am sure I will be told that's not good enough.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are on the right track, Guitargain. The final bill typically says Final Bill and that is the one we would need uploaded. How long ago did you stop your service with your other carrier?   -Nicci

0 Likes