Number Porting
cmjordan3988

I recently went to another carrier's store to get a new line with them. I want to port my number over and since I do not owe anything on my bill or phone, I figure this would not be a problem. First off, finding the account number was an adventure. By law it has to be accessible but it was anything but. After waiting on hold for over 30 minutes and getting nowhere, and talking to an online representative I finally got it. Nut, when it came time to do it, guess what? My account had been block from porting for 48 hours. This was very frustrating. Why did this happen, and how do I get it removed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Number Porting
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you have a prepaid account or a postpaid account with Verizon Wireless?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cmjordan3988

Prepaid

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That would explain why it took a little bit of time to get the account number. The account number is on the bill for postpaid accounts. The only way to get the account number for a prepaid account is to call the prepaid customer service number at 1.888.294.6804.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
intlpotato
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you have failed account validation I do believe there are security measures in place for ports, to prevent fraud. This is the only explanation I can think of this. Who advised that it was blocked for 48 hrs?

0 Likes
cmjordan3988

I waited on hold and never spoke to anyone. The online rep said it was on

hold for 48 hours due to the holidays.

0 Likes