Re: Okay how do they determine the trade in vale of a phone??
sprtsgrl2000

I have turned Verizon into the BBB and am filing a complaint with the New Jersey Attorney General today regarding their trade-in scam and the lousy customer service surrounding it. I wish I had investigated before I sent my phone to them. I could have traded it in somewhere else and actual got something for it. They are basically saying buy a new phone, we'll let you trade this one in for such and such (this was after the clerk at the shop had a look at the phone I sent back and it was working perfectly well and in pristine condition) and then pulling a con job when they receive your old phone and will cop an attitude with you if you question them. I'm hoping some consumer complaints get me somewhere. In the meantime, I have to figure out who to foot the bill for a new phone and bid my time until 2015 when I switch companies.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi benichols,

I am sorry for the delay in responding to you. I would be frustrated as well not getting info on the devices you traded in. Did you submit both phones in the same package? Please reach out to our Rebate Center directly at 800-457-0864. I am confident you will get this resolved.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
benichols
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi BobbyS_VZW,

Thanks for the response.  I have called that number multiple times.  There is either no answer or they claim they can not do anything.  I sent the phones in different packages (as directed) at the same time.  So if Verizon hasn't received one of them as they claim, then it must be stolen.  Perhaps I could get you to track the package it was sent in since you have that information.  You also have both the iPhone UDID numbers, and would be able to track their usage that way.  If Verizon does not resolve this, I will report the phones BOTH stolen and I will have to direct law enforcement to Verizon.  Verizon still owes me $373 for 2 pristine iPhones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update benichols!  I was unable to locate the tracking info since it was removed for privacy reasons. However the quickest way to get this issue resolved is by contact our Trade In Support Team at 877-247-3846. I want to reassure you that we're committed to getting this issue resolved as ASAP!

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
benichols
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Ashley,

I have called that number multiple times and, as I have stated before, no one answers or they say there is nothing they can do.  I am trying to get help from Verizon, since I am their loyal customer.  I do not believe nor agree that the tracking info was removed "for privacy reasons".  If stonewalling and saying there's nothing you can do is the approach you want to take I will be forced to report my phones stolen to law enforcement as well as contacting BBB and my state's attorney general.  You might as well try to help me as I will not be going away on this board until this issue is resolved.

Thanks.

0 Likes
slim356

sprtsgrl2000 wrote:

I have turned Verizon into the BBB and am filing a complaint with the New Jersey Attorney General today regarding their trade-in scam and the lousy customer service surrounding it.

That's what I'm talking about. I have been having the same problem. I was even asked what color was the envelope you put the phone in. I wonder if this process went smooth for anyone? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you have not been able to get this issue resolved benichols. I can understand how frustrating it is to receive less than what you expected. We are customer service and we are unable to gain access to the trade in program details for your devices. You will need to contact the trade in program department to discuss this in more detail. I'm sorry about this entire situation.

KinquanaH_VZw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
benichols
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you KinquanaH,

Your trade in program will not help me.  It's worse than "receiving less than what you expected."  Verizon has stolen a pristine iPhone 4S from me.  They claimed they never received it yet it went out at the same time as the first phone.

Here's a request:  You may not be able to gain access to the trade in program but you can track my iPhones by UDID number.  If you were a responsible company you would help me figure out where my stolen phones are.  But I'm sure you'll say (just like the trade in program) "there's nothing I can do" out of privacy or some other made up reason that prevents you from helping anyone.  By the way, is this the way you would want to be treated?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi benichols,

Thanks for the getting back to us! I know this a very frustrating situation for you. I am following you, please follow me in return. After you follow me, please send me a DM; I need to get some info from you in a private setting. I look forward to your reply.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

0 Likes
benichols
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi BobbyS,

I don't know how to follow on Verizon's board.  Please advise.

0 Likes