Re: On my fourth LG G4. What's the three refurbished devices policy?
samaxntha

I loved my G2! That phone never gave me an issue.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well. Turned out it was bad os updates and version software and services. Wasn't the G2a fault after all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You deserve to have a phone that works as it should, samaxntha. Let's do what's possible to get your phone up and running. While getting into a different model isn't typically an option, we can further troubleshoot your current device. Since these issues have started, have you attempted a software repair? That extracts the corrupt software off of the device, and installs a fresh copy on the device. Here's a link with the steps. http://vz.to/1fAKWW9 Please keep us posted.

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

The 3 and done policy is a thing of the past. It is no longer an option. Verizon can continue to send you the same device as a replacement or you can go through the manufacturer to get that said device fixed or replaced. But once you sign up for a phone that's your phoenix model for your contract or payment period. Too many people tried to abuse the system.

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Actually talked to a friend today that just got her device replaced with a different model one from Verizon. They replaced hers more than 3 times (she had 7 replacements) and it was the same issue each time. She had been dealing with troubleshooting and replacements since June 2015 so again...it appears that the option still exists but it's not something that will be willingly offered or easily obtained. I would imagine that it would only be used when the problem is clearly something that can not be fixed, is confirmed to be a true problem that makes it impossible to use the services you are paying for and clearly isn't just someone trying to get the latest device. In her case she would have several days a month (sometimes a couple of weeks) where she could not use the phone at all. She was constantly getting service credits because of this. It wasn't  a situation that left only a feature or something not working so in her case I can understand them allowing her to get a different device.  Can't recall which specific device she had but she ended up getting a new device that was a completely different brand and system than the original. Absolutely agree that it shouldn't be something that just anyone can get and it should be difficult to qualify for because sadly there are a lot of people that have a habit of abusing the system.

samaxntha

Whoever said that Verizon will not switch my device to a different model was correct. I spoke with a sales rep and they confirmed this. Went to the store and spoke to the guy who said that they would,  and he acted like he had no idea what I was talking about.

Done with Verizon. Shame really, been with Verizon for almost 10 years, but their customer service is absolutely terrible.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

This is not Verizons fault.  They are the go between between you and LG, because they hold the warranty on the phone you bought.

THe policy on warranty replacements is the same with ALL carriers.

samaxntha

While it isn't Verizon's fault persay, the store's  sales rep shouldn't have told me something that wasn't factual. If I had known that the three and done policy was no longer in practice, I would have just taken the brand new G4 and not a refurbished one. I'm not looking for the latest and greatest device, I just want a phone that works 100%.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You can keep hammering Verizon and LG till you get a working device.

THen unload the stinker on eBay or swappa (before any problems come up) and use the funds to buy a different phone. 

So sad, my favorite phone, before smartphones was an LG EnV touch.  It was a great phone.  The LG G2 was a great phone.  It's been a slow decline ever since.   The new v10 has problems too. 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I loved the LG Envy Touch. Still have one hidden in a drawer (sentimental reasons though. It belonged to my fiancé who was murdered in Costa Rica). I ended up giving the one I used away but I regretted it for a long time.

0 Likes