Online chat quote not honored by Verizon or Verizon cust serv representatives trained to lie?
LeugeneL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recently I chatted with a representative and asked how much would be my cancellation fees if I switch to Sprint (half of the Verizon bill promotion).

I was offered discount such as double my data. Since I do not use all my data anyway I refused.

Online rep gave me another discount, but Sprint was still less.

And then Online rep told me that he can get me great deal max $85 (tax included) for 2-line family plan + 4Gb.  Obviously it sounded like great deal and I took it.

Same day I called Verizon to confirm discount - and on-phone rep basically told me that I was misquoted (3 times on the same chat) and I not gonna get this price no matter what, not even anywhere close to it.  Instead of promised $85 i will have to pay $125. Way to go Verizon - the most reliable network.

I still have chat transcript (some of it below) but Verizon doesn't care.  I think they just trying to keep customers even if they have to LIE TO YOU.  So why Verizon doesn't honor online quotes? Isn't it better to say no first time than LIE and say no later?

Please hold for a Support Representative to assist you.

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless.

<Chat transcript removed>

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Online chat quote not honored by Verizon or Verizon cust serv representatives trained to lie?
DeeJay99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I Just made a post but had the same stuff happen to me just now.  Quoted one thing in live chat and nothing even close to that with the person I talked to on the phone.

0 Likes
Re: Online chat quote not honored by Verizon or Verizon cust serv representatives trained to lie?
LeugeneL
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm going to file complaint with BBB, since I have a chat confirmation. "Bait-and-switch" is illegal and Verizon is using it,  promising lower price first but then acting as it never happened. 

DeeJay99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I Also printed off the chat which includes the chat session ID number for both live chat representatives.  However I'm hoping one of the staff members reads my post and makes it right first before I do anything.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DeeJay99,

I truly apologize for any misinformation. What exact misinformation was provided to you? We definitely want to get to the bottom of this.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Mark6MT

I just had the same thing happen to me regarding upgrading when my contract is expired.  Went to a store to honor it and they refused.  Contacted chat, they said they would not honor what was stated and after another half hour on the phone, they told me the rep was talking about another phone on the plan, not the one I called and referenced about.

You have a good idea to go to the BBB with this.  I likely will do the same as they refuse to honor what was promised.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Depending if you are in contract:

This agreement and the documents it incorporates form the entire agreement between us. You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement.

If you are out of contract and did not complete a transaction, then you were at no financial loss.

Check your agreement one more time.

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

MyTooSense
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the *identical* thing happen to me just a few days ago. I'm wondering if this is fairly common? I'm now seeing a lot of similar complaints...

rempson
Contributor - Level 1

I had the same thing with the price of my new Iphone XR.  In chat, I was promised the discount monthly and when I asked for it in writing, I was told the chat transcrip was my proof.  

After purchasing my phone, and getting billed, no discount.  For the next two weeks, I probably talked to 5 or 6 customer reps from Verizon and was repeatedly told that I didn't qualify for the discount.  

On a Saturday morning, I filed with the BBB online.  Monday morning, a high up executive from Verizon called me and assured me I would get the disount and it was immediately applied to my bill.  

Always keep your chat transcripts and filing a complaint with the BBB is pretty simple.  

Good luck.