Order Cancelled by Verizon, Now Ineligible for Trade-In Promotion
Jamie47652

I’ve had a problem come up and after talking to over 10 different Verizon reps with no firm resolution, I decided to come to forums to see if another approach would yield better results.

Short Version:

Verizon cancelled my upgrade due to lack of stock. Took over 2 days to process the cancellation so I could order a new one. By the time I could re-order the upgrade, the trade-in promotion expired due to no fault of my own and I’m told that even though they can see I qualified for the original $700 trade in promotion on the original order that I placed during the promotional period, now if they submit a new order for me I have to accept the $142 trade-in value and MAYBE the warehouse will bump it up to $700 if I’m eligible.

Long Version:

Thursday Jan 27th: I upgraded my iPhone XS to an iPhone 13 Pro and was able to trade in my “good” condition iPhone XS on any unlimited plan for $700 trade-in value. I chose in store pick up and waited for a “ready for pick up” email that never came.

Friday, Jan 28th: I call the store to inquire about pick up status for my order. They respond “oh, we had to cancel that order due to being out of stock. Verizon’s website tells people during orders that we have stock when actually those phones are already allocated to other people.” So my order gets cancelled which is fine. I go in to place a new one and notice that my phone now says it’s ineligible for upgrade or trade-in until 2024. I contact Verizon to inquire about this, and they say “cancellations can take 24-48 hours to process. You should be able to upgrade your device after that.”

Saturday, Jan 29th: I make further inquiries to Verizon and see if there’s anyway for a support worker to manually put in the trade-in and order for the phone for me. One support representative says they’re able to put in the trade-in and order the new phone for me, after 30 minutes of discussing the purchase and trade-in, we discuss billing, then I suddenly get ghosted for 40 minutes until the conversation automatically times out and disconnects me. Another representative tells me to wait until the cancellation processes.

Sunday, today, Jan 30th: I contact Verizon in the morning, someone immediately realized my issue and goes in, ensures all the cancellations went through properly, and makes my phone eligible for upgrade again so I can place the order once more. I attempt to place the order and realize the $700 trade in promotion for any unlimited plan doesn’t show up anymore. I go to a store to discuss this with the Verizon representative there, and they explain that the promotion likely expired and I can’t get it anymore. I call Verizon to see if I can this promotion since my original order with the promotion was cancelled and my delay in reordering during the promotion period was due to Verizon’s systems’ issues with closing out cancelled orders and due to no fault of my own, I get told that I’m only eligible for the $700 trade in with the most expensive data plan (which is different than my original personal promo of $700 on any unlimited plan), i try to explain the situation further, and the representative tells me to accept the $142 trade in value on Verizon and when the warehouse receives it, they’ll determine if it’s eligible for $700 and will change my trade in credit from $142 to $700. They refused to send an email or any sort of written confirmation of this agreement and I don’t see why the Verizon warehouse would ever bump up my trade in value if I had already agreed via trade-in contracts to a $142 trade-in value, so I’m not going to do that.

Has anyone gone through anything similar and managed to find a resolution? Or do any Verizon representatives think they can assist me in reaching a more agreeable resolution? Thanks for any and all advice you have to offer!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Order Cancelled by Verizon, Now Ineligible for Trade-In Promotion
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so sorry to hear this.  It should have been resolved already and has been going on for far too long.  A private message is being sent now to assist you further here.

-Sean

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so sorry to hear this.  It should have been resolved already and has been going on for far too long.  A private message is being sent now to assist you further here.

-Sean

0 Likes
Jamie47652

It does seem like this issue has been resolved. I’ll need to wait for the new trade-in to process and for the promotion adjustment after the fact to take place to confirm. So far the resolution has been to accept a current trade in value, a representative has put it on file that after appraisal in the warehouse, my phone trade-in value is to be changed from the accepted trade-in value, back to the $700. If for whatever reason that does not go through, I can call support and ask them to file a promotion correction form to have the adjustment done. 

Thank you for the help is resolving my issue!

0 Likes
Jmakhoul

How can I cancel my trade in?

0 Likes
Matt_84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nice to see that you seem to have actually been helped. What about the rest of us Verizon?