Order canceled by Fraud Department
saranolin1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been trying to order a phone for over a month now. I placed a order online and the order went through then was cancelled by the fraud department. I called and was told to place the order again that everything was clear. So I did and the same thing happened even after I spoke with the fraud department and answered the questions. So I tried telesales order went through I was told it would ship. Then I waited about 4 days never heard anything so I contact Verizon Customer Service. They could pull up the order but Surprise saw the Order was placed on hold by the fraud department. I was sent there and was told it would be a automated call to answer questions. I got a rep that was rude and told me I would have to go to a store that there department had cancelled my order. I explained I don't have a store within a hour in any direction. She didn't care. So I placed another order a week later. Everything went through and then it started again. I called. Credit department cleared me, FRAUD  department cleared me, sent be back to customer service they couldnt find the order but could see where I was cleared. They told me to call back in a hour and they should be able to pull it up. So I did and wow got transfered back to the fraud department who told me once again that I had to go to a store. I then asked that I speak with a supervisor as I was tired of the run around, and there was not a store close to me. They said one would call me within 24 hours. I am still waiting on that call. There is not a store near me there has to be a easier way than to keep getting this turn around from you.

Labels (1)
Re: Order canceled by Fraud Department
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello saranolin1!

I'm so very sorry to learn of your experience when ordering a new device. It should be a great time, so I can definitely understand your frustration when it comes to the orders being cancelled by the Fraud Department. Were you ever given a reason as to why they kept getting kicked back by this team?
When it comes to this type of situation, I don't have the information that the Fraud Team would have, in order to help you. I would recommend calling this team back and asking to speak with a supervisor. If four orders have been cancelled by this team, I'm sure that a supervisor can find a reason and a resolution for you.

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
saranolin1
Enthusiast - Level 3

No I have never been given a reason as to why. Like I said I answered the questions they would clear me. I would call back in after I realized the item had not shipped and that rep would say I have to go to a store. I literally don't have the gas to go to a corporate store. I am just trying to get a few phones and possibly a tablet for my home. I am however, becoming very disscouraged with the whole process. I even got a email saying I had been approved for a new smart phone. But, again nothing by the time I get to the fraud department. I just don't understand it.

0 Likes
Not applicable

http://www.T-Mobile.com

Why bother killing yourself? If you are a customer with an established account this should not be happening unless you have had missed payments. If you are purchasing via credit or debit card there should be no fraud hold unless the bank says there is questionable activity.

Now if you are attempting new service and new purchases they have to be done at the store. Or an authorized retail location.

You need identification for all these transactions.

That requirement will not be changed over the phone. In fact no provider will open an account without proper documentation.

Good Luck

0 Likes
saranolin1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your wrong my son used to work for Verizon Wireless. Even he is in shock. People order phones from them online or over the phone on all the time. Trust me after the hassle I have had with Verizon I would try a different company but they are the only one who picks up where I live.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Saranolin1,

We want to help you get the phone and service you're looking for! What about avoiding an online purchase all together and visiting an indirect store location since a direct store is so far away? Just click this link http://bit.ly/3SdsA , enter your zip code, and then make sure you're on the "All Stores" tab instead of the default "Verizon Wireless Stores."

SarahO_VZW

saranolin1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had thought about that However, I was told that I can't get the same deals that I can get online, and that If the fraud department keeps denying my order then a Indirect location would not be able to assist me.

0 Likes
Not applicable

It must be a policy, no policy.

When you order on line you must verify your identity with questions or via an email.

The easiest way is to go to a corporate store or authorized reseller and start service since they ask for your drivers license for identification

So your son does not know of what he speaks. But that happens.

And if you state you cannot afford gas to get to the Verizon corporate store, how can you afford the cell phone?

Use the gas go to a Best Buy, Walmarts, Costco, Target, or Radio Shack or even BJ's Wholesale Clubs

There are loads of places to start service.

That is the way you start service

Doing it the way you are trying you could have had your phone over a month ago.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Saranolin1,

You never know what kinds of deals you may find at an indirect store location! They are able to set their own prices, which can or cannot work out in your favor. I encourage you to call some of those stores to find out what kind of price they have on the phone you want to purchase before visiting.

SarahO_VZW

saranolin1
Enthusiast - Level 3

On that note I actually did a App with a Verizon Indirect agent. This was probably 4 weeks ago, They gave me a number to call Fraud department again. Thats what I am saying I should not have to keep getting cleared and then denied. I just dont get it. I give them my info everything is good then they say sorry.