Our phone numbers are showing as restricted
Inzombiak
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've received over 130 spam texts since Oct 2nd. On Tuesday, Oct 26th I chatted with a Verizon Agent and Call Filter was added. The next day my brother tried to text me and couldn't. He called me and that's when my husband and I found out that we could not send or receive texts. Also, our phone numbers are showing up as restricted. I contacted Verizon Support. 5 hours on chat and missed a day of work. We can text but our numbers are still showing as restricted. I checked and the block services are off. Our family, contacts, and employees are not going to answer a restricted number. 

0 Likes
Re: Our phone numbers are showing as restricted
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi! Thank you for contacting Verizon, Inzombiak. I will be delighted to assist you today. We will send you a private note, so we can further assist. Allow us to work with you so may get to the best resolution, so we can change this perspective. Please work with us to mend this situation. 

>Jesus 

0 Likes
Re: Our phone numbers are showing as restricted
Inzombiak
Enthusiast - Level 2

11/6/22 Over 200 spam texts now. I keep reporting the spam texts to Verizon but when I do it seems I get MORE! Same scams but different spoofed numbers. As I said in my earlier post, I chatted with Verizon Agents approximatey 9 hours over a two day period. First, the Call Filter was put on, then  it was taken off because we could not receive or send texts and our calls were restricted. Instead of just removing the Call Filter, Agents took me through starting and restarting our phones, removing  and reinstalling text apps, etc., as well as, one agent adding an unauthorized service plan and removing and adding Cloud Service. It took me hours convincing Verizon Agents that it was not my phone or the text app but the Call Filter causing the problem. 5 hours later, Call Filter was finally taken off and the unauthorized changes to my account were removed. The issue with our number showing as restricted was still not solved. I again went on chat to try to get the issue resolved. After I waited 2 hours for an agent, the chat just disconnected me.

After this incident, I do not trust Verizon Agents and I am afraid to request tech support.

0 Likes