Re: Outage
paradox606

I just got off the phone with support, they have a master ticket started a few minutes ago to address the issue.

TIcket number is [removed]

Ticket number removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
beknbud
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm upset can't call my kids

0 Likes
beknbud
Enthusiast - Level 2

What does that mean long wait I pay 300 a month and they say in commercial no service lost

0 Likes
evonne76

This was all I was able to find on it:

http://www.wral.com/news/page/12706857/?break_id=12943

0 Likes
evonne76

Looks like some type of fiber line cut

Check out @WRAL's Tweet: https://twitter.com/WRAL/status/646048082929434624?s=09

0 Likes
wblrnc

Incorrect.  Voice is down.  SMS and 4G are up.  I have 3-4 bars showing, but can't place or receive calls.  Nor can anyone in my office.  Nor can anyone in my family who are spread out for miles. 

0 Likes
SeriouslyLainey
Contributor - Level 1

There is an outage.  About an hour ago, I discovered I was unable to make a call from my cell phone.  I then attempted to make a call to my cell phone - also unsuccessful.  I then logged onto my Verizon account and started a Chat session.  I was told that, based on my account information, there WAS an outage in my area, related to "ongoing maintenance".  I then asked whether the outage was determined by my account's address, or my device's physical location - and was told that my device's location would determine the outage status.  I confirmed with the representative that the outage was limited to "the Raleigh, NC and immediate surrounding area".  I then informed him that I was physically located 25 miles northeast of the "outage area", and that my fiance was at least 50 miles from the defined area.  I then asked whether or not Verizon had given notice to customers of this "ongoing maintenance", and was told that they had not.  When I explained that this event has a very costly impact on our ability to conduct business, I was told that the outage was "UNplanned" - but that they're working on it.... I'm terribly disappointed, at a minimum.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

These things happen. I think it's bigger than they realize. The last time I saw something major like this was a few+ months back and things were back up and running in about 7 hours. If you have a business now would be the time to e-mail/text/social media that your phones are down and apologize. If you're lucky maybe you are locally based and those people can't call you anyway.

Crack open a book or make calls over wi-fi using the many free apps.

0 Likes
gapotter06

At approximately 3:30 this afternoon I called them to report the outage. While I was on the phone with second level support, another agent was taking a call from another customer reporting the same symptoms.

Wral.com reported that a fiber line was cut.

0 Likes
pawprints

It seems to be nationwide.

0 Likes