Re: Outgoing Caller ID needs to be changed
Notthatguy

Verizon is the only company - if I recall correctly - that won't give your name to anyone. Therefore, if they attached names to all caller ID's they would essentially be giving your name to everyone that wanted to look up your number, right? Remember when some of the wireless companies wanted to make a call phone directory? Verizon flat out refused to even consider the idea because it would make cell numbers public. I think that this issue has something to do with just that, privacy.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,119783,00.html Referring to the directory "the nation's largest wireless carrier, Verizon, has chosen not to be a part of it."

0 Likes
58Bamable

I had my name on out going caller id, Then I Changed my Number Because, my number was to similar to a local nursing home.  When I got the new number it came with the previous users Name.  I have gotten nothing but lies from Verizon about getting it change to my Name As it was before!

0 Likes
shyflyguy

After experiencing the same issue, I found the answer.

Login to your Verizon Wireless online account

Select the line that you want to amend

click Manage Device

Then on the right side look for something called "Share Name ID"

You can use this to change the caller ID sent out to those who do not already have you in your address book.

0 Likes