Outrageous Technical Support Service
rtbjjallen04
Enthusiast - Level 1

On Saturday, June 13, I had the most ridiculous experience with Technical Support.  After hours and hours, 3 1/2 to be exact on the phone with Tech Support I was told to finish backing up data and they would call back in an hour.  They gave me a time 2:20 and never called back.  I then called them back and got a Tech Support agent who wanted to start the whole process over again.  I asked for a Manager and got the ruddiest Manager I have ever spoken with who just continue to over talk me and tell me I would have to do all the steps again that took 3 1/2 hours to begin with.  I have been with Verizon 20+ years and never experienced this with a defective 4 month old phone.  The is the worst service ever.

Re: Outrageous Technical Support Service
Speedrater1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally feel your pain!  I have been trying since 6/8/2020 to migrate my line back from Visible and have now spent a total of 22 hours (mostly on hold) trying to get it resolved.  I have been disconnected at least 20 times when I get transferred to the "correct" department.  They don't seem to know what dept handles what so they push you from one dept to another, I have been transferred from customer service, Verizon Care, Port dept, Tech support, Finance, Win Back dept & Telesales over and over again.  The only reason I am putting up with this HORRIBLE service is I tried a different  carrier for 3 months and their phone service was terrible.

Verizon needs to get it together on the customer experience, it is the absolute WORST I have ever had the displeasure of working with.  Even their "Chat" feature is broken, it just keeps telling me " I'm sorry I didn't catch that" What a joke!

0 Likes
Tlitlixcala

Get used to it. Verizon makes support circuitous and arcane - on the website you have to deal with reams of stupid marketing of vastly overpriced garbage they try to pawn off as a good deal - while you wait to get somebody to help make the $900 doorstop you just received work, while the chat just goes in circles never answering anything - and don't even bother calling... today alone I have sat on the phone twice for over 30 minutes only to just be dropped out of the blue. I always forget how bad Verizon is and come back - and make it 3 years, maybe 4 before I have a choice of jumping off a bridge or finding a company that gives two hoots about people once they have the money in hand. It is CRAZY what we pay to be ignored by these ignoramuses... Google Fi was actually better... and I stupidly bought into the unlimited plan of VZ... and now Fi has unlimited. Sigh... buying Verizon is like repeatedly driving nails into your skull... 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a consumer too and I sincerely understand your discontent about the experience outlined in your post, rtbjjallen04. I would be unhappy too if I had a similar experience, and I want to help you via this channel. Please accept our most honest apology for the bad experience that you had on the phone.

You mention that you have a defective phone, and we want to resolve any issues that you are experiencing (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting/smartphones/). What specific issues are you experiencing with your phone?

What is your phone model?

When did the issues start?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Speedrater1 I'm sorry to learn you are so unhappy with our Customer Service. That is definitely something we take pride in and work very hard at it. I'm not sure I understand, are you trying to leave or join us?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am surprised by your comments and apologize for any negative experience you had when trying to reach us for help, Tlitlixcla. I want to do my best to turn things around and address your concerns. Please note our call volumes are higher because of the health crisis, and a representative would have been on the line to give you the same attention and time with your concerns. However, what problems are you having? Do you need any help with your device? Please share some details, so we have an idea of how to assist you.

Thanks,
EdwinL@VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
LetdownCustomer2022

I have had the same exact experience

It seams the personal has not been trained to troubleshoot problems and then they just do not get back on the phone or hang up

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes