Overage charges without notification are illegal and enforced next year. Free Usage Alerts will be mandatory.
jennifer_stowasser
Enthusiast - Level 2

Free Usage Alerts telling customers that they have gone over their minutes will be mandatory for Verizon to tell it's customers.

Because this is such a crooked scam, a bill has been passed telling Verizon to stop this massive greed to squeeze as much money as possible.

There is no compassion. There is no humanity.

Until then be careful. Verizon will just treat you like an (deleted content to comply with)

Verizon was built on great customer service. Now that they are large, they just want you to Show Me The Money and get out of my face. Ha Ha!

Unfortunate!

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Overage charges without notification are illegal and enforced next year. Free Usage Alerts will be mandatory.
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

you can sign up for alerts already on vzw website

or go with the family share plan that has unlimted minutes

0 Likes
Re: Overage charges without notification are illegal and enforced next year. Free Usage Alerts will be mandatory.
Not applicable

This guy wont be back to read your advice. Despite the fact that Verizon already offer several ways to view your usage this dolt obviously went over his minutes by a lot on is mad at all the overage he had to pay and he wants to blame Verizon instead of himself. The American way of thinking, nothing is his fault, it's someone else's and he is always a victim.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Brian68 wrote:

The American way of thinking, nothing is his fault, it's someone else's and he is always a victim.

It's not his fault he may think this way.

0 Likes
jennifer_stowasser
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where is the great customer service?

The phone was broken when I got it. Verizon said call LG. LG says send it to us and get it back in 2 weeks (got returned in 3). Meanwhile I use an old phone without notification capabilities.

Being a Verizon customer for 13 years without ever having gone over on minutes then ONCE in the 156 months I have used Verizon, just once in all that time I go over in  minutes and it costs $500.

Verizon says pay the $500 or we turn off your phone.

I say what about your Loyalty Department. They say. So what?

Is that excellent customer service?

If course it's my responsibility. Of course it's my fault. But what about the extra I have paid in 158 months for great customer service?

Where is it now?

>

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

It's still there. It's customer service not freebies to anybody.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The companies already offer the option to get notification, the user needs to set up the levels at which one is notified, there is nothing new happening next year concerning this. The FCC agreed by giving the option to get the notices, that is sufficient.

Also the notifications come via text. Your old phone is not able to send or receive texts?

0 Likes
jennifer_stowasser
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I a made a mistake. I am asking for some response from the "Loyalty Department." $500 in extra fees is excessive for a 1 month mistake. Of course you can scold me for not having it all together and act arrogant.

I just thought that all these years I was paying for excellent customer service. It's just that $500 extra to pay and then given no real payment plan is not great customer service.

That's ok. I am changing to Consumer Cellular for 1/2 the price.

>

lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

After you pay your $500.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

There was not one ounce of arrogance in my post. I asked a simple question. You stated you could not receive the notifications because you are on an old phone. Unless it is a bag phone, I suspect you did receive the notices or you never set them up. That is not VZW's issue.

Step up, ya made a mistake, pay up and learn from it. No need for VZW to offer you anything more than what you have agreed to. If that was the case, all of us could do what ever we want and demand the 'Loyalty Dept' to make good on our, 'Mistakes'.

CC, 500MB for $30. And people on here complain about 2GB for the same amount.

0 Likes