Overcharged, Verizon wont refund
RY00
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded my device and sent the old device back. When it was time to pay my bill on 6/20/2022, Verizon charged my bank account the remaining balance of the phone which was $549.96. I called and informed customer service that they are in posession of the phone and I was over charged. The rep checked the system and saw that the phone was indeed returned and I was unjustly overcharged. I was then told I would have to wait until July 05, my new billing cycle for the money to be returned to my account. I waited. While I waited I made many phone calls to Verizon to see if anything can be done so I can be refunded faster as this was a major financial set back for me-I was told no each time. Also, with each phone call to Verizon customer service I ensured that the money would go back to my checking account-I was told each time that it would. I also asked and was informed that it was notated on my account that I wanted the refund to go back to my checking account. On July 5, 2022 my new billing cycle started, July 6, $549.96 was credited to my Verizon account, however, instead of returning the money to my checking account as agreed, Verizon paid my next bill early without my consent, and still did not refund the remainder of the money, $346.23 to my checking account. In fact, on my verizon account now it states that that amount will be applied to yet another future bill. I was told by Verizon customer service that I would have to wait 20 business days for a payment investigation to get my money back. I was willing to accept a partial refund, the $346.23 because my financial situation at one point became so bad. I asked if this could be done on one of my many phone calls to Verizon customer service. I was told by a supervisor that I could go to a corporate store and be issued the remaining funds on my verizon account. He stated he would make notes on my account so that the store clerk would be informed. I went and it was a waste of time, the store manager told me no, refunds like that cannot be issued in store. I have spent hours, many phone calls, and even gas trying to get a refund since 6/20/2022. 

Re: Overcharged, Verizon wont refund
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RY00,

I'm terribly sorry for the experience and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. There is quite a bit of information going on here that needs to be addressed and reviewed. In order to do so, we will need to access your account. Please send us a Private Message to review the current status.

-Mark

0 Likes
RY00
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the apology but its the only thing Ive gotten from Verizon Customer Service, and still no refund. I will send you a message in the chat per your request. My account has several notes that you can review and acclimate yourself with the situation. I'll await your reply.

0 Likes
RY00
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well that was quick and of course yet another waste of my time. Gen, the person I was chatting with only wanted to collect feedback on who gave me bad information. No interest whatsoever in resolving my issue- like getting me my money back today! No, at the expense of my time and patience Gen just wanted to collect information. This is the customer service that Verizon offers. I am beyond not satisfied.

I was told to contine to wait until I hear back from the "offline team" who is still investigating. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RY00, feedback is helpful so that we can improve, but our goal should be to resolve the issue related to the concern about the return and charge of the device. At times an offline team does need to confirm some information before a credit can be applied. We would like the opportunity to take another look at the situation and ensure we work toward a resolution. Please check your Private Notes, so we can proceed. 

-David

0 Likes
mrsc1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a trend with Verizon. I spent many lunch hours calling and chatting with agents only to be told something different by each agent. I wish their was a clause in our contract that we could terminate our relationship when we receive poor customer service. I have to wait over 2 years but lesson learned

0 Likes