Password keeps getting reset - without me doing it
rugani2311
Enthusiast - Level 1

About twice a month, my wife gets a text from 9000800004007 advising that our password was reset. We have not been doing anything to our account and feel that it may be in the attempt of being hacked. I am the only one that handles the account billing or anything to do with logging onto the account and i have not been doing anything to change the password.

So far no malicious activity has been found on my account (by me)

Called customer service several times, no help.

Chatted with CSR's several times, no help. They gave me the phishing email address

I have sent about 3 emails to the phishing@verizonwireless.com

email address, since late march - no response. I just sent another email to them this morning

I am getting frustrated, and it is very annoying having to change my password frequently.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so, is there a solution?

Labels (1)
Re: Password keeps getting reset - without me doing it
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Rugani2311,

We take account security seriously! I apologize that you have had so  many issues with your password, and I can completely understand your frustration. We can review your account to see why the password was reset. Please accept my follow send a direct message to me.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How To: Direct Message  and  pamelaf_vzw

0 Likes
rugani2311
Enthusiast - Level 1

My password has been changed at least 2 more times since i posted this yesterday morning! I chatted with a CSR who told me to go to the fraud department -  I have done that before, they reported no fraudulent activity to my account, but couldn't assist me further to get it corrected - the couple of times i called them, in the past. Why can't this mystery be solved? Is there a list of places/times that a password gets changed from?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rugani2311,

Oh my, I am sorry to hear your password has been changed two more times since you brought this to our attention! Let's get to the bottom of this! Have you accpeted the follow request from PamelaF_VZW and sent a direct message? The password can be changed directly by Customer Service, online (you would need to know the current password to change it) and by visiting a Verizon Wireless store location.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
John-Leonard
Enthusiast - Level 1

They understand your frustration and they're sorry that it happened but they will blame you at every turn and do nothing to solve the problem. I just want you to know that IT'S NOT YOU! Everytime I use their website from work or home on laptop or phone app I have to reset my dang password. Electric bill, cable bill, boom I'm done. Verizon, everytime, I have to spend 15 minutes resetting my password.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes