Re: Pay off your Device Payment Plan - Lose MORE Everything Line Discount......... MAD!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sprmankalel would be sad if you left. Let's look at options so you can stay. Although our promotions are always changing we do want you to get the best value possible.  What plan do you have right now? Are you using our Device Payment Plan?
AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Pay off your Device Payment Plan - Lose MORE Everything Line Discount......... MAD!
eecsk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am so glad that someone is understanding my frustration and pain. I have just ported one of my accounts and I plan to move other smartphones to another provider. Verizon has really disappointed me with this absurd experience.

You know what [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service ] even more? I listened to one of the reps and I am now stuck with the Verizon Plan. I spoke with a number of reps online and offline and attempted to gain the old promo and discount. All reps say they can't do anything about it.

Can't wait to move to another provider next month. I plan to shop around during the Memorial Day weekend. Done with this mess.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don't want to lose you! The Verizon Plan would be a great option if you're looking to receive a discount for being out of contract. The line access of $20.00 vs the in contract of $40.00 is a great benefit. On most occassions the overall plan ( data ) has more value.
YosefT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

sprmankalel would be sad if you left. Let's look at options so you can stay. Although our promotions are always changing we do want you to get the best value possible.  What plan do you have right now? Are you using our Device Payment Plan?
AdrienneP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

I am educated enough to get the best deal from Verizon. I don't need Verizon to help me with that.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

The line access of $20.00 vs the in contract of $40.00 is a great benefit.

Unless you were paying $15 a line.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

lewisr13 wrote:

The line access of $20.00 vs the in contract of $40.00 is a great benefit.

Unless you were paying $15 a line.

Like me. My current plan can't be beat. Then I will get shafted when all of my DPPs are done.

gamerlily

Hi, kenzietech

I couldn't respond to the other discussion re: $25 discount to update you, @Weth and @lewisr13...

So, we received our latest bill and the $25 discount is on there, our last payment happened to fall in March. At first, they did take it away and I posted angrily regarding it. Since then, we have talked with a Verizon CS person once a week and STILL everyone has a different answer...

In March, one of the CS agent we talked with said that because we were already in a device payment plan (paying the full retail price of the phone) before 3/10 and because we were not under a plan-contract (we were never under any contract), we were grandfathered into the $25 M2M so she put the discount back on our plan.Smiley Happy

When I chatted with another CS agent online later on, she/he explained that going into device payment plans will not take away the $25 M2M since I already have it as part of my plan-discount and since I am not changing my plan, we can change devices, including entering into a payment plan without having the fear of losing the discount. I specifically asked this cuz we were looking to upgrade because our phones were starting to be too slow.

However, (as I said about everyone still having different answers) I talked with a local GM and he says that as of 3/10/2016, if I enter a device payment plan (they call it a "contract"), I will lose the $25 M2M after the device payments have been complete, even though I am paying the entire retail price of the phone at the end of the payment plan because I guess they consider entering a device payment plan is "entering a contract"??...It gets confusing since everyone will tell you something different...

SO~ to keep the discount and to upgrade our phones without the possibility of losing our discount, we paid the full amount. Well, technically, we signed for the device payment plan, to get the trade-in discount (credited to your account), then we paid the full retail price of the phone right after - since you can pay off your phone at any time. We still have the discount and we have new phones - although we are out a HUGE chunk of change since we had to pay up-front...

Hope this helps. Good luck.

0 Likes
MUSTNGGRL7380

Both of our phones will be paid off in 3 months or less. I was counting the days until our bill went down 44 dollars! We do NOT need new device. If this is the thanks they give loyal customers, adios! Bill goes down with all the same featires or we leave. It looks like it's time to start shopping around!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

What plan are you on?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I saw the writing on the wall months ago when they took away the out of contract discount.   This is why I left Verizon the first time almost 3 years ago.  

Fortunately I bailed in time to get ATT before they changed plans too.. 

0 Likes