Paying for data we will never use up
MITSIL67

We are currently on the New Verizon 30GB plan, for 5 iPhones.  We also are receiving 10GB (2GB per line) extra data free per month for life, due to some promotion a while back.  And we have carryover data.  We are also receiving 19% employee discount on the data, so instead of paying $135 for 30GB (Plus the 10GB free), we are paying $109.  We also are paying $20 per line T&T.  I actually went online this morning to REDUCE our data down to 20GB plan to save a little $, only to find out that's no longer an option, not having paid much attention to plan changes in the last couple of months.  My son is currently working on a cruise ship in Europe for the next 5 months and isn't using data like he used to, but we don't want to cancel his phone.  We are paying $10/day each time he is in port and wants to call or use data, which comes out of our monthly allowance.  Our billing cycle ends in 3 days, and we've just used half of our allowance (24GB of our 48GB, so we really don't even need "unlimited" data,  So it looks like we're stuck paying for data we aren't even going to use, either if we stay where we are (paying $209 for T&T and 40GB + carryover data), or switching to Unlimited, which comes to $215/month.  So I guess I'm just annoyed that we are forced to pay for something we don't use - we don't really want to leave Verizon, as we do get excellent coverage in Hawaii where we live, plus we've been customers for over 20 years.   Think there is any way we could reduce our bill a bit? 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Paying for data we will never use up
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mitsil67, finding the right plan to fit your needs is always our goal. I have sent you a Private Message so that we may take a close look at your options.

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

So you used 24GB this month. How much do you use average?

Keep in mind that you aren't paying for the 2GB extra per line and should you change you plan you risk losing that data. It is a promotion that required a certain minimum plan and I don't remember what that is but it is probably not available any longer.

Your other option is to move to the Unlimited. I am on a single line and pay for 5GB but use 1-2GB a month. If you aren't happy with the offerings then look at other carriers. However, they are all basically the same.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some of the larger tiered new Verizon Plans are available only by calling customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone.

The concerns about losing any bonus data should also be discussed to confirm they would remain if you change your plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
s_williams1750
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will gladly help use the data for my tablet, ill help by giving monthly money, husband can't afford more data n i only need 1-2 gig per month mostly seasonal for tablet, don't want to give rip off Verizon more money love the coverage in redwoods but will  gladly give it to someone else, i have wifi at home but travel from Utah to California once a year to twice a year so no international just western america  .....will set up automatic payment if required

Shelly w [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes