Re: Persistent Phone Cut-Out Issues
Tdbks
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same issue!!  Constant cutting out!  I’ve switched phones three times to no avail!  We’ve had Verizon forever but I’m so tired of this!  Someone has to be able to fix it!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey, there. I understand you're having issues with your phone service cutting in and out. What is the make and model of your device? Is it a Verizon phone? Does this happen on all calls? If it is not a Verizon phone, that could be the issue. Feel free to send us a Private Note so we can do specific troubleshooting for your device and account. 

CelesteR_VZW

0 Likes
. Re: Persistent Phone Cut-Out Issues
eaharter

I've been having the same issue for the past three weeks or so. My phone consistently has no service in my residence or even in the entire neighborhood and wi-fi calling is even patchy. I've never had this issue in these locations before and have updated the phone and gone through all of the troubleshooting articles to no avail. This is incredibly frustrating as I am wholly reliant on my cell phone as my office is still working from home and I cannot make work calls. 

I'm on a Verizon iPhone X 

0 Likes
Re: . Persistent Phone Cut-Out Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It worries us to hear you've had ongoing issues with service at your home over the last three weeks, eaharter. It is our priority to ensure you have reliable service, and we will make sure to help. Could you please provide us with your city and state to review the network in your area? Do you know if other Verizon users have similar problems in this area? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
Caldwellka
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem with my moms new iphone12.  She is elderly and this is her only communication.  Her iPhone 6 worked perfectly and since we got this iPhone 12 she can hardly talk on it.  I have spent hours and hours on the phone and in the store, tried everything they have told me, new SIM card and switched the phone for a new phone yesterday thinking we had a defective device, and the problem continued.  After reading these posts I think I am taking her phone back today and going back to the 6.  However I already know they are going to charge her a restock fee of what i am remembering to be $50.  How is that fair?  She is paying $1000 for a phone she can’t talk on and obviously Verizon knows there is a problem and can’t fix it.  Beyond frustrated.   I believe a change of carrier may be due. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd never want for you to have to switch providers, Caldwellka. But being able to communicate with our loved ones is essential for sure. Having to spend so long on the phone is tough for sure but we want to do all that we can to help out. Can you tell us more about the calls and the issues that they are having? Are they dropping at a certain point? Does she have WiFi calling set up, etc? Thanks!

0 Likes
TRIG7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Similar to Caldwellka, I have a senior parent that I'm having trouble reaching, and my 89-yr old mother is upset.  What I experience is that people are calling my phone, but it doesn't ring and then the Voice Message symbol just appears.  The phone was right next to me, idle. This has been happening for about 2 weeks now. Incredibly frustrating. I also have experienced that when I call some people, it goes to voicemail, even though they are available.  One of my mothers nurses told me that she has had that problem as well, and she restarts her phone.  I am very concerned that a front line worker (the nurse) is also experiencing this problem.  It sounds like this is becoming more widespread. 

0 Likes
SpadVIII

We're experiencing similar issues to everyone else on this thread. We switched our service from PagePlus last spring to Verizon Prepaid. Verizon service has been excellent until about two weeks ago when voice service on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 7 Plus phones started cutting out. We can make calls to other cell numbers or landlines, but starting about 30-60 seconds into the calls, our voice starts cutting out and the people we call can't hear us though we can hear them. 

Service at home is better, but only when we turn on WiFi calling which obviously isn't useful when we leave the house. We live in a town with good cell coverage and our friends who also have Verizon aren't experiencing the same issues. We're almost to the point of cancelling our cell service and going back to our land line for voice communications. Very frustrating!! Is this problem due to our service being Verizon Prepaid versus Verizon Contract?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important it is to get the service you need. A Private Note will be sent to dig further into this. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
SpadVIII

I received this message:

Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will contact you shortly.

How will you be contacting me?

0 Likes