Person on other end can't hear me
RBcos
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can place or receive a call, but when the party answers, I can hear them but they can't hear me. Verified that my phone was not muted, still couldn't be heard. I have powered off and restarted phone several times, but other party still cannot hear me.  This is also happening to another line in my household,  which is a different phone model. We have reset network settings on both phones, and bluetooth is turned off on both phones.  Since this is happening to both phones, seems like a Verizon service issue to me. This has been happening for three days now.  Up until three days ago, we have had no problems with Verizon service at our house, and have had both phones for at least two years.  I cannot call Verizon since these are our only phones in the house, and a support chat session was of no help.  I was told to go to a Verizon store, but do not feel that the problem lies with either phone, and prefer to avoid going to a store.  Any ideas?

Re: Person on other end can't hear me
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having one way audio does not make for good conversation. Do not worry, we'd be glad to help. When did the issue first start? Does the audio work if the call is on speaker phone? Where are you located (city, state)?

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
RBcos
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both phones seem to be working now, out of the blue.  Problem started on Saturday 5-09-20, and continued through Monday 5-11-20.  Neither powering down for several minutes, nor resetting the network settings on both phones made any difference.  We had no choice but to go out and purchase a prepaid phone on Monday in order to return calls while working from home.  On Tuesday, we tried both phones again, and were surprised to find them both working.  We placed multiple calls, they continued to work, and have worked well since.  We are in Colorado Springs, CO.  Obviously this wasn't a problem with our phones.

0 Likes
Jdavis3311

I am having a similar problem. People can only hear me if I use speakerphone or Bluetooth. I've also confirmed that my mic is just fine, because it records video sound clearly, and talk to text works. Coincidentally, Verizon/Motorola pushed a configuration update on the day this behavior started.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have an excellent overall experience. We want people to be able to hear you regardless of what you use to speak with them. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
have haveRerson on other end can't hear me
GuitarSolo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a weirder version of this problem. When one particular caller calls me, the call connects. I hear her fine, she can't hear me. I call her back and there are no problems. Both of us are on Verizon, both have Android phones. Problem only started this month but has continued roughly 3 weeks.

Re: have haveRerson on other end can't hear me
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GuitarSolo, making sure I am heard when receiving  calls is vital. I will be more than happy to assist. Please share with me what zip code are you having this  issue in? Also, confirm for me what  software is currently running on your device?

0 Likes
j_knight102
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having the same issue. My parents have a landline and a majority of the time when they call me, I can hear them but they can't hear me. Often its just quiet on their end until I answer, even when they can hear me. Phone isn't on mute. I can call them and have no issues though. I had it happen one other time with a call from a doctor's office, which I assume is also a landline. I've had no problems from other cell phones.

Its very frustrating. I talk to my parents often and having to go through 3 or 4 times of call attempts before we can connect is a pain.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes