Phase 2 & 3 of the Verizon Unlimited data increase
DROID73
Enthusiast - Level 2

How much more will Verizon increase the unlimited data cost?

Apparently there is a Phase 2, starting in May and Phase 3, when?

Any thoughts on how much more they will raise it, and why not just hit it all at once...?

Be done with it!

ANOTHER UNLIMITED DATA INCREASE IS COMING. : verizon

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phase 2 & 3 of the Verizon Unlimited data increase
Weth
Legend

As this was released on April 1 with no corroborating evidence, it is safe to assume this is an April Fools joke.

0 Likes
DROID73
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Did you read it? I did, and the consensus is that not everyone had the $20 increase last year. So phase 2 is for those who haven't gotten their notice due to a more than likely loophole that allowed these people to sign a contract and keep unlimited data. Now those people will be out of contract and they get the price hike.

As for phase 3. No one knows.

0 Likes
DROID73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea I did - will phase 2 hit business customers now? Another possibility - I understand it did not impact them in phase 1... how many really signed a contract in that time, a few dozen, couple hundred... Not like most people knew about that loophole. With only as verizon stated ~1% of their customers even on UDP, why they even bother, I don't know.

Exactly phase 3, what $100/mo for unl or just rip it out from under people, who knows.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Anyone on the Alltel plans with unlimited data might also be affected. If not in phase 2, they could be eventually affected.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

DROID73 wrote:

Yea I did - will phase 2 hit business customers now? Another possibility - I understand it did not impact them in phase 1... how many really signed a contract in that time, a few dozen, couple hundred... Not like most people knew about that loophole. With only as verizon stated ~1% of their customers even on UDP, why they even bother, I don't know.

Exactly phase 3, what $100/mo for unl or just rip it out from under people, who knows.

A lot more than you think.  When people found the loophole it was actually advertised on various news outlet, and it took Verizon 6 months to close that loophole.  That day coincides when Verizon closed the loophole from what I remember.

Phase 3 could be as Ann mentioned are probably finally going after the Alltel plans.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Also Verizob can't rip it out.  Block C rules stops that from happening. However it doesn't stop them from raising the price.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Phase 3 apparently kicks off August 21.  "It’s tough to tell, but from what we can gather, “Phase 3” is finally nabbing those with old unlimited Alltel plans and special all-in-one plans that don’t have separated data features. In reality, if for some reason you haven’t yet seen the increase from $29.99 to $49.99, you are probably due this time around."

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/07/13/phase-3-verizons-20-unlimited-data-increase-kicks-off-august-21...

0 Likes
DROID73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like a phase 2.5 ?

Supposedly at some point after 100GB account/service will get disconnected....

so much for the definition of 'unlimited'.

Verizon may disconnect unlimited subscribers who use an ‘extraordinary amount’ of data

0 Likes