Re: Phone Issue/Early Upgrade
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

IA8SNJ wrote:

Cant do it with an iphone5 unless you are on wifi

That's true.  I can do it anytime I want to ... droid rules!

0 Likes
IA8SNJ

it proves that u can do it on verizon., and it proves you can do it on iphones with other carriers.

0 Likes
Bowtaz

Well I have been with Verizon for many many many years and have never turned in a phone early and didn't plan on wanting to do it now.  How about this, replace my phone with a NEW Fascinate and not someone elses piece of junk that broke down and you tried to fix and send it to me.  How about that.  I can wait to upgrade another 7 weeks, just give me a phone that I dont have to replace 3 more times before I can update.  How about that.....  Thats fair right.... NO NO NO.... They can't do that either....

How about all the time I have been without a phone pay me back what I paid you to have the phone.... NO NO NO can't do that either....  So smart guys what is the right thing for them to do....  You guys seem to know all the answers.  what would you do...  Just 10 minutes ago my phone rang and just shut down, rebooted and I have a missed call with out it showing me who it was.  Was it my kids, my wife, parents,  Who...  but I paid my bill and they cashed my check, which is what my contract obligation is.  But there obligation didn't happen... I MISSED A CALL BECAUSE OF THEIR SERVICE.  Now again, is it the phone or there service.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

Bowtaz wrote:

Well I have been with Verizon for many many many years and have never turned in a phone early and didn't plan on wanting to do it now.  How about this, replace my phone with a NEW Fascinate and not someone elses piece of junk that broke down and you tried to fix and send it to me.  How about that.  I can wait to upgrade another 7 weeks, just give me a phone that I dont have to replace 3 more times before I can update.  How about that.....  Thats fair right.... NO NO NO.... They can't do that either....

How about all the time I have been without a phone pay me back what I paid you to have the phone.... NO NO NO can't do that either....  So smart guys what is the right thing for them to do....  You guys seem to know all the answers.  what would you do...  Just 10 minutes ago my phone rang and just shut down, rebooted and I have a missed call with out it showing me who it was.  Was it my kids, my wife, parents,  Who...  but I paid my bill and they cashed my check, which is what my contract obligation is.  But there obligation didn't happen... I MISSED A CALL BECAUSE OF THEIR SERVICE.  Now again, is it the phone or there service.

the method of replacent is spelled out in your contract, you agreed to it

your contract also states that they do not garuntee service

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

And if Apple had made the iPhone 5 for Verizon with another antenna, you could do it on Verizon with an iPhone.  So don't blame Verizon, blame Apple.

0 Likes
IA8SNJ

I love when you insane people say that. "you signed the contract!" LOL PLEASE!!! its not like we get negotiate it, they make the rules. If i could change the terms of the contract i could. Not like they let you bring a lawyer and negotiate terms. They make some boiler plate BS deal and make you sign it. We are the customers, and they should make some concessions to keep us. If it was 6 months in I understand. The wont even allow 6 weeks earlier, which is total BS, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a complete tool.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

actually you have an option

you can pay full price and not sign a contract

you can get a CPO phone

you can go to ebay or craigs list

there are options

0 Likes
Bowtaz

Good answer 4x4....  spoken like a true genius....  You sound like my 5yr old.... you signed the contract, your signed the contract, you signed the contract....  REALLY....  No kidding....  and your right now that I know how the contract is I don't have to sign another.  Businesses always fair when you can't get repeat business.  Repeat business is what keeps the company going. 

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

take some time and read the forums

you will see how often this comes up

people are always asking for an early upgrade for one reason or another

so verizon has set a line

0 Likes
Bowtaz

I can understand if you are just wanting a early upgrade because you want the next best thing.... I get that....  But a history of phone issues from month 3 of having the phones and then have 6 replacements.  When do you as a company say, ok ok we will let you get something else.  Which is what they did but no no no you cant have that one.  But you can give us what we want.  It doesn't make sense.  Now Apple might have something to do with it, and thats fine to. But when something smells like _ _ it and looks like _ _ it, well its usually _ _it and this just fits _ _it...  And how do you guys seem to know so much about Apple and Verizon?  Thats my question.

0 Likes