Phone connects to numbers I didn't dial
KenH1

Discovered today that whenever my phone receives a call from my home landline, it's busy, even though I'm not on the phone (and my phone does not ring). I found out when my wife texted me to tell me about it. I attempted to call home, but the phone rings a number in Washington state (I'm in Missouri). I then tried calling my wife's cell, but it rang a number in San Diego. What the?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone connects to numbers I didn't dial
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just to clarify the issues:

When calling your mobile phone number from your home's landline, you reach a busy signal even if your mobile phone is idled.

When calling the home landline using the mobile phone, it rings an unrelated telephone number in Washington state.

When calling your wife's mobile phone from your mobile phone, you reach an unrelated telephone number in San Diego California.

Is all of this correct?

0 Likes
KenH1

Sorry for the delay. I had a heck of a time figuring out how to reply. Yes you are correct.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you dialing all ten digits of the phone numbers?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KenH1

Yes. It shows the correct number, but when I hit the green send button, it switches to the other number.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try a factory default of the phone. That should clear any oddball gremlins.

0 Likes
gregl_vzw
Verizon Employee

That certainly is odd to not receive calls to your mobile number. I am happy to help. Are you able to receive any incoming phone calls on your mobile number? Are you having any other issues with your service such as text messaging or data? When did the issue first start?

GregL_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes