Re: Phone is always roaming at home
Maldoror
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried resetting the phone and Verizon had me try a new Sim card. The only thing I can think to try is to unlock the phone and manually enter the APN.

My zip where the problem occurs is 30102. If I leave the area it will sometimes fix the phone. No one else in my family has this issue but I am the only one with a s5. The issue started about a year ago.

At 11:38 pm the tower did not think I was roaming anymore. I should be good for a a day or two.

0 Likes
Maldoror
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone is roaming again. This has become a safety issue as my kids cannot call me and I never know when the phone is roaming or not. I will try rooting the phone so I can manually select an AP. If that does not work then goodbye Verizon.

Searching these forums and the Internet this is not an uncommon problem for Verizon.

Oh an thanks to JasperM_VZW for offering to help and then doing nothing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry this is continuing to happen Maldoror. Let's roll up our sleeves and get this fixed. Safety is a top priority and I wouldn't recommend rooting the device. I appreciate all the troubleshooting you've done. How do you know this device is roaming? Are you getting a verbal announcement? Is there any damage to the device?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Maldoror
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I try to make a call it verbally says "You are roaming". The phone is not damaged. In settings it says not roaming. I can use the.Internet and make and receive text messages. Only voice is not working.it will fix it's self in a few days or if I leave the area.

0 Likes
anselhazen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have what looks like a similar issue. I can have 3 or 4 bars and yet the phone says roaming. 15 minutes later it might be that I now show as verizon network and can make a call. Every time CS has "updated" my apn it gets worse.

0 Likes
Maldoror
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the second time a Verizon support person has offered to help and then disappeared. My contract is up in two weeks and Verizon does not want me as a customer after 15 years. I have been using a prepaid phone from another carrier and have had no problems.