Phone swap upgrade help
Corsair26

Hey folks, quick question.  I'm "stealing" my daugher's phone upgrade since she just got a new phone herself.  When the phone comes, do I have to activate it on her line, then somehow switch it to mine or can I just activate to my line?  And how does the 4G work, do I just use the old 4G LTE card I have in my current phone with the new one?  We have the unlimited/share everything plan.  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone swap upgrade help
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

A few more details will help us be more accurate int he advice we give.... if your daughter just got a new phone, then how is her upgrade still available?  Just curious, but be sure her line is eligible for an upgrade.

If you currently have a 4G device with a SIM card, and the card is the same size as the new phone uses, you can activate the new phone by inserting the SIM and turning the phone on.  If you are ordering online, then go online to MyVerizon when you want to activate the new phone and see if it will let you activate it on your own line.  At some point you will need to accept the new two year contract for HER line.

And just an FYI, it's unlimited voice and texting, but the data is NOT unlimited - you specify how much data you want to be shared among all the lines on the plan.

0 Likes
Corsair26

Sorry, should have clarified, my daughter actually used my wife's upgrade a few months ago Smiley Happy  I ordered over the phone and already went online and accepted the terms and conditions/2 year agreement so I'm wondering if now, like you said, I can just swap out the SIM card and be set. My old phone is the Droid Bionic so I'm not sure if the SIM card is the same size, I'm guessing if not I'll have to do something different in the activation/transfer process.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Corsair26,

Switching devices is a piece of cake after upgrading! As advised already, you can switch phones without activating at http://bit.ly/xB4iTc . Additionally, it will also give you the option to add the SIM that you receive rather than your old phones. If you do run into any issues however, please know you can stop by any local corporate store to pick a new SIM up for free http://bit.ly/3SdsA

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes