Phone trade in program is 100% a scam do not trust Verison retailers when they promise you value.
JP2002
Enthusiast - Level 2

I traded in my Galaxy s8 Active being told I could get a return value of 700 after the salesperson reviewed my phone. The surface of the screen was scratched a little but that was it.

It took over TWO MONTHS for them to even give me any information about the trade in and it was finally appraised for a value of 0 dollars.

ZERO. I was talked into a new phone by a lying rep that said I could get 700 or close to it and I got literally nothing back. My phone WORKED. I used it every single day and it was fine other than me wanting to upgrade to a more modern device. So now I am paying full value for something I was told would get a pretty hefty discount and I feel completely and totally scammed. They didn't even provide a reason for why it was not worth any value. I could've hawked it on the street for 50 bucks at least to some random stranger and had a radically better experience. mess Verizon for this program, they know what they're doing when they promise you the moon. False advertising.

Do not listen to the reps when they tell you your phone could be worth some inflated amount, they are lying and they know it!

Re: Phone trade in program is 100% a scam do not trust Verison retailers when they promise you value.
Buddyroe1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unbelievable how HORRIBLE Verizon Sales, Service, Systems & Support ALL have become!!  Might as well look into one of the $20/month cheapo providers as Verizon has massive self-inflicted wounds that are making it impossible to trust them or do business w/them.  I can be treated like dirt for a whole lot less money elsewhere.  Shame

Re: Phone trade in program is 100% a scam do not trust Verison retailers when they promise you value.
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

People sure do misuse the word "scam" on this forum a lot. You aren't paying above retail for a product millions of other people are paying the same price for. 

0 Likes
Re: Phone trade in program is 100% a scam do not trust Verison retailers when they...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@JP2002

I am terribly sorry for your experience when upgrading and trading in one of your devices at one of our store locations. Please know that we value your loyalty to our company, and I want to ensure we are always providing you accurate and complete information regarding your trade-in options and device trade-in value. I'm sorry this wasn't your experience. I'd love to help. To further assist, I would like to send you a Direct Message to take a closer look into this trade-in concern with you and see what your trade-in value changed. I will look forward to your response to my Direct Message.

AnthonyTa_VZW
0 Likes
Re: Phone trade in program is 100% a scam do not trust Verison retailers when they...
JP2002
Enthusiast - Level 2

Eh sure and sorry for the very late reply. I am still a little miffed after opening my email and realizing my device was valued at 0...

Being told how much cheaper my payments would be is the main reason I changed over ...

0 Likes
JP2002
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Doggowhen you are assured by a sales rep that you'd easily get X value for your phone and instead get 0 that sure seems like a scam to me.

0 Likes
JP2002
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support 

Eh sure I'm down for you to send me a private message. I'm still miffed currently because this offer and the value I was told I would receive (the rep literally held my phone and looked it over) only to get 0 back is rather upsetting.

0 Likes