Plan Options
planquery

I am, to say the least, not a heavy user of minutes or texts on my 12 year old Morotola Razer.  I have a work Blackberry, and I use my phone as a phone and, even then, probably under 150 minutes/mo, and a handful at most of texts.  My phone is dying, and it does not even seem possible to buy a decent non-smartphone these days.  My wife has a 4 year old Samsung.  She uses virtually no talk time, and about 150 texts and under 1 GB data per month.  We have a 700 minute talk plan that we have never come close to breaching, and my wife has unlimited data.  It all amounts to $105 per month.

So, we are both getting new phones.  I gather that my wife will lose unlimted data, which probably makes many of you cringe, but is not very meaningful to us.  But we have no need for unlimited talk, or unlimited texts.  The family share plans seem to be entirely disconnected from the way we use phones and way more expensive for things we have no use for, but these are the only options that appear on VZ's website.   Are there plan options for existing customers that are just not promoted?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Plan Options
rcschnoor
Legend

If you are a current customer and want to upgrade, you do not have to switch to the Share Everything plan. You can keep your current plan and just add a tiered data package($30 for 2 GB/month of data) in place of your wife's unlimited data plan($29.99/month) for a total increase of $0.01/month.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like you're on the Nationwide 700-minute plan and if so, you can keep your current plan ... you do not have to switch to the Share Everything plan.  And yes, if your wife gets a subsidized phone, she will lose her unlimited data.  To keep it, she needs to pay full retail price for the phone or buy it from somewhere like ebay (anywhere that won't require signing a new two-year contract).  Or she could use your upgrade and you could buy a phone from somewhere like ebay.

0 Likes
Not applicable

What's wrong with the plan you have?  It's the same plan my wife and I are on except she has a basic phone with no data.  You can upgrade both phones for new phones with Verizon subsidized prices plus $30 upgrade fee for each.  If unlimited data is not an issue, your can switch to tiered data plans of 2GB for $30 each and your price will not change.

Voice plan 700 minutes = $50

2 phones = $20

2 data plans = $60

Taxes and fees = $9.00 (estimate)

Total = $139

Or $109 if you stay with a basic phone.  I guess you would have to throw in a text plan unless you use free Google Voice text.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Of course, you could switch to Share Everything with 2 smartphones for:

2 smartphones = $80

2 GB data = $60

Taxes and fees = $9 (estimate)

Total = $149

0 Likes