Plans for Large Data Usage (Due to Covid-19 Working from Home)
gfpartridge

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and resulting work-from-home orders, my girlfriend and I are now using a Verizon Jetpack device for  both personal and work internet (as there is no wired internet option in my area). As we both need to use a fair amount of internet for eg. video conferencing for work, we expect to use around 65-70 GB per month. However, the best plan I find offered is the Connected Home 40GB, which I am currently on, where I will have to pay for about 30GB of overage.

Would Verizon consider offering a larger plan along the same lines as the Connected Home series? Such as 50GB for $180/mo, 60GB for $210/mo? As far as I can tell the most cost-effective move right now is to buy a second Jetpack device and add it to the plan on a second line with another Connected Home plan, and that doesn't seem reasonable.

0 Likes
Re: Plans for Large Data Usage (Due to Covid-19 Working from Home)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We absolutely understand how important it is to stay connected, especially as many are now working and studying from home. We want to make sure that we do everything we can to help.

Please tell us, do you have Mobile Hotspot (MHS) on your mobile lines? Is this an alternative option that you'd be able to use? 

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
gfpartridge

Hi, thanks for the response.

I only have the Jetpack device on my Verizon plan. Neither of us has fast enough connection through our mobile phones for that to be a feasible alternative.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

you are so very welcome. I'm including our plan link if you would like to review it.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
SoExpensiveVeriznWTH
Enthusiast - Level 1

Probably not. They wouldn't do anything for me. And I know I'm not using as much data as they say. I run a program on my computer that monitors it yet they don't care.