Please let me upgrade a few days early?
roz5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently have a Droid Razr Maxx phone and it is dying!  It freezes up, turns off by itself, and is very, very slow.  I am due for an upgrade on July 5th (only 19 days away).  I called Verizon two different times, asking if I could upgrade early because my phone is useless.  The first representative was very rude to me, so I ended the conversation early.  The second representative tried to talk me through various things that she thought would improve my current phone.  It was very obvious that she didn't know what she was doing---and also, I had already done everything she tried to explain to me.  That was a very frustrating call.  I stopped her mid-sentence and asked her if I could upgrade early (a month early, at that time).   No.  Click... I hung up.  Come on, Verizon!   I have been a customer since your early days---the days when the very first cell phone came out!   I have paid my very large bill on time, every month, all those years!  The phone that I want to upgrade to is currently on sale (Samsung S5), and my guess is that the sale will end today.   My son is in the exact same situation (his upgrade date is July 2).   You would be guaranteed 2 instant sales if you would only allow us to upgrade now..... a little over 2 weeks from the upgrade date.  I don't want the Edge plan (which Mr. Rude tried to talk me into)--- I just want to upgrade to a phone that works.....NOW!!  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Please let me upgrade a few days early?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of having a working phone, roz5. I'd be happy to work with you to review our options. Please accept my follow request and then send a follow request to "AndreaS_VZW." Once we are both following eachother, please send me a direct message.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

So let me understand this correctly.

You are looking for a handout by being allowed to upgrade early, thereby not fulfilling the terms of the contract you signed. And since the reps are exploring other options or telling you no you are hanging up on them. Who is being the unreasonable one here? Just wait the full time follow their other options or port out to a company who will give you the phones now. Just pay your etfs.

Unbelievable.

0 Likes
roz5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your very considerate and thoughtful response, pherson.  I am asking for a handout because I need to upgrade 2 weeks early??  Seriously??   I have been a Verizon customer for at least 20 years, and the past several years, my phone bill has averaged $318 every month.  Do the math, pherson. I have invested a great deal of money in Verizon.  Never before during those 20 years have I ever asked to upgrade early.  I am asking to do so now because I need a working phone.  In order to avoid you accusing me of asking for a handout, I will tell you that my father died this past year and my mother resides in an assisted living facility.  I am the only local family member and my cell phone is the number that she calls on a daily basis.  I need a new phone that I can rely on.  It looks as though I need to visit Walmart today and purchase a phone with pre-paid minutes on it----one that will hold me over since upgrading 2 weeks early is out of the question.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

So what? The amount you spend has no merit. Family issues....sorry. If it's that important pay to get a new phone thru verizon or switch. It's quite simple.

good luck.

0 Likes