Re: Poor Cell Service all of a sudden
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to ensure you have the service you deserve! How long have you been experiencing this service decline? Is this only happening when at home?

Are you referring to your Landline, or Wireless services?

By the way, we've come out with new unlimited plans. Check them out here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/ . MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Kenpaysyd
Enthusiast - Level 1

VZ might be losing my account as well! Poor signal as of late and like the typical customer service answer....every thing is fine! Wrong! Zip is 76234 and service is absolutely horrible! I have family that uses AT&T and they don't have any issues! Might be where I go if I'm told one more time that it's not a VZ issue! I refuse to continue to hand over my hard earned money for mediocre service anymore!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to enjoy your Verizon Wireless experience and I'm here to help because we don't want to lose you. When did the problem begin? What specific issue are you experiencing? Please tell me more. I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily. AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this once and for all. Please verify your full name and use the link to authenticate:http://spr.ly/66011Rwbl AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
daiwin21

Same problem all of sudden poor cell reception in my area 07666. 

0 Likes
JMH0804

Same here.  I’ve had Verizon for many years and in the last couple months, I can not receive or make calls Because of bad reception.  Any tips?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello JMH0804,

We always want you to have the best possible service. Tell me, how are messaging and data services working for you? Is it happening in a specific location, or everywhere you use your phone? Please share some details, thanks very much. 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
stephenecs
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue. Years with Verizon with great reception and voice quality here at home.....and in the last week can't complete a call without it dropping or breaking up so bad no one can hear us. Four different phones. Text and data seem to work fine but voice is garbage all of a sudden. Calls to customer "no" service are futile as it is never a Verizon issue. They say equipment and towers working fine and no changes have been made in my area. We have made not changes to our home. Phones work fine in other areas other than home. Very frustrating and if we can't get this resolved will be switching to T mobile and same a ton of money.  We have been loyal to overpriced Verizon only because  of they reliably. Without the reliability why pay nearly 3x the price?

Numbers from Network Cell Info Lite:

RSRP is -101

RSRQ is -14

RSSNR is 1.4

So I'd say the signal is noisy for some reason. Any thoughts?

wayfaring_h
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a similar situation. I live in 91387 and for the last two months, I can't make or receive calls in my house.

My phone doesn't ring on my end. It also doesn't register when someone leaves a message (no notification). Sometimes it doesn't offer the caller my voice mail, it just rings and rings. And today it rang twice but before I could answer, it went to voicemail.

If I do manage to make a connection inside the house, it is bad for the other person, with no sound, distortion or noise. And then there's the part where the call likes to drop after 30 seconds or a minute or occasionally 10 minutes.

Even when I stand on the porch, on the top floor of our building, I have cruddy reception.

Texts seem to work fairly well, though I do have texts that will arrive in rapid succession if i move from one area to another, like all the texts I've missed for a time are loading at the same time. And my phone is constantly confused in group texts and randomly pulls out texts from different callers and registers them as direct texts to only me, not the group.

Despite having past bad experiences with Verizon mobile and their internet services, I gave this company another chance. You've bought out all the competition, you've got the best coverage. And it worked better than any other service for the first few months. But I literally cannot make or receive phone calls with any reliability anywhere in my house or even on the porch/balcony.

And I just spent an hour resetting every possible part of my log on info for the Verizon site just so I could email tech support, research a FAQ, or find some other way to address this problem. It truly seems that Verizon has designed this site to be an un-helpful as possible. How the heck did I end up on the "contact page" and the page itself had no contacts, no links, no email, nothing to click on it?

When I finally found the forums, no thanks to Verizon, I had to log back into my account AGAIN to leave a comment. I never logged out of my account, but Verizon is going to make contacting them so frustrating and useless that people will be dissuaded from even trying. Here I sit, an hour later. Still can't get a call on my phone unless I want to go stand outside in the smoky air. And these issues all started before the recent wildfires.

My roomie is on the same plan. He was told he needed to buy a new phone by one rep, that he needed a booster kit from another, and that he actually needed a whole new plan by another. There were also emails that told him nothing was was wrong.

I guess both of our phones just coincidentally stopped working inside the home at the same time.

I got Verizon for their coverage in order to have a reliable means of communication, an important thing these days with the stuff going on. Now I'm in a position where I actually have to endanger my health to get reception. And this was not the case when I first got on the plan, with this same phone, a few months ago.

What gives, Verizon? Why are so many folks so suddenly stricken with the same issue? What are you going to do to make it right? Or are we supposed to continue to pay for service that doesn't work?

wayfaring_h
Enthusiast - Level 1

So maybe it's just us here in 91387--didn't realize original post was from 2017. Hey 2017, you just thought life horrid. Wait till you get to 2020.