Poor Cell reception in Aberdeen, North Carolina
Mbross5690

I live in the Legacy Lakes community of Aberdeen, North Carolina. Our cell service is so bad, on an Apple X and Apple 7, that we have been forced to switch to WiFi assisted calling. My internet provider is Spectrum.

So, I ask, why should I stay with Verizon if most of my cell phone usage is going through Spectrum and I am paying them already?

You cannot get a cell connection in most of our community, cannot walk around the house while on a cell call, and get no signal at all while on the golf course connected to our community of 200 homes.

Would be interested in Verizon's answer on why I should not change my four lines to Spectrum Mobile?

0 Likes
Re: Poor Cell reception in Aberdeen, North Carolina
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mbross5690, we don't want to see you leave and I can certainly understand your concerns about the service you've received. To confirm, do other Verizon users in the area also have a similar experience with service? Does your service improve in other areas? If so, how far do you have to travel to notice an improvement?

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
Mbross5690

Yes, everyone I know with Verizon has this problem to some extent, some worse. However, to be fair, the ATT customers I know seem to have a similar problem in our community.

I can get excellent reception about 5 miles from my house while on US Highway 1 in Aberdeen or Southern Pines. Reception falls as I go south on US Highway 15/501.

If I am golfing on the Legacy Golf Links, or at the clubhouse, there is virtually no signal at all.

Our planned development is going from 100 to 200 homes at this moment. If an engineer from Verizon could come out to the Legacy Lakes community in Aberdeen, NC, they can easily determine that I am correct.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mbross5690

It's important to us that you have reliable service. Let's take a closer look at your coverage area here: 

https://www.verizon.com/featured/our-network/#maps

Which make and model phone do you have? Have you powered your device off and on to refresh the connection of that device on our network in that area? 

0 Likes
Mbross5690

And iPhoneX and yes and turned airplane mode on and off and all the other ways to reset cellular service. The signal stinks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your efforts, Mbross5690! I'd like to dive deeper, and see how we can help address your coverage concerns. Please reply to our Direct Message for additional assistance. 

Thanks, 

MichelleH_VZW 

0 Likes