Re: Poor Coverage and Getting Worse
Markix51
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with Verizon’s reception is poor and getting worse. I have noticed this over the last year. My wife and I both complain.  

areas we used to get coverage now have poor coverage at best. Don’t know what’s going on. We’re also considering a change.

reluctant to call customer service because they’re often little to no help sometimes you can’t even understand them.

We live in the metro Detroit area we would think coverage would be good here.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Markix51 ,

We're sorry to hear that you are thinking of leaving us without letting us help you first. The best way to get any assistance with an issue will always be to tell us about it right away. There can be any number of factors involved that would result in a change to your network connection, so that's where we would need go through various troubleshooting steps to further assist and narrow down the cause. When you'd like to proceed, please send us a Private Note.

-Russell

0 Likes
Wickdchyld
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m in Fort Myers FL never had an issue in 15+ years and now two years of this is ridiculous.  
WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX IT instead reading scripts.   WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX IT, instead of LYING YOU THE CUSTOMERS that built your company.

I never recommend Verizon to any anymore, Verizon is becoming the garbage can of cell services.  Figure it’s time to leave this service or get a class action suit going!!!   You charge more and give less service, how does that even make any sense???  Total garbage, time to boycott c.r.a.p service if they can’t be honest and or come up with a solution. #verizonisgarbage

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wickdchyld, making sure you have the services you need is important to us. Allow us the opportunity to investigate this matter. Does your service concern happen primarily indoors or outdoors? What services are impacted (calls, text, data)? Also, how far do you have to travel to receive a consistent connection? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
loki1943
Enthusiast - Level 1

It has gotten atrociously bad in my area; previously Verizon phone hotspot and actual dedicated Verizon hotspots worked great in my area in 2016-17; now you can barely connect to the internet; you can no longer play online games most of the time. I ended up cancelling the hotspots because I was paying money for something that provided no benefit over my terrible satellite internet. I plan on cancelling Verizon service altogether by May once I have informed all my contacts and gotten a new number. I might as well use straight talk if I get no benefit from using Verizon; i.e. I can get the same terrible service for less $$ from straight talk that I'm getting for more $$ from Verizon at this point.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your many years of loyalty are greatly appreciated and it is understandable to feel upset with service issues. We always want you to receive the best value and would never want you to consider switching wireless carriers. The fact that lines were cancelled due to a lack of service is a concern. What we can do is find out what's caused the change and what can be recommended as a solution. What exactly is the problem with coverage? Please provide specific details related to the calls, text messages and data.  What troubleshooting steps have been completed on your end? -Rita K.

0 Likes
mlody_me
Enthusiast - Level 3

We have 7 active lines with Verizon and are slowly starting the process of moving them to different carriers. We are done with Verizon - the last trip we took, around Lake Michagan - WI, IN, IL, nothing but disappointment - we have kids on prepaid ATT and T-mobile service and they both had much better coverage (working coverage) than our Verizon postpaid 5G phones. Also my city (downtown area) is all plasted as having 5G UW band (c-band) according to VZ maps. I wantto challenge Verizon to come here and actually show me where that coverage is, cause I walked the town so many times and nothing - all we get is 5G which is actually slowe than LTE. I am soo sick and tied of all VZ lies. Perhaps they used to be on top the coverage game years ago, but this does not seem to be a case anymore. - bye bye VZ

BearNmeg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue as op. Been a Verizon customer since 2003 and always had excellent signal strength and service in places when people with other cellular providers would not have service. For almost the past 2 years, I’ve had terrible cellular signal strength the majority of the time and I’m less than 30 miles from Silicon Valley. I’ve also had the 5G service briefly and had same low signal strength in 2 different 5G coverage cities-San Jose and Fresno. I upgraded my iPhone SE 1st edition to an iPhone 12 thinking that would resolve my issue, but unfortunately that didn’t occur. I’ve been so frustrated that I’ve contacted Verizon about it and they just told me that it’s because the user traffic volume is higher near the cellular tower I’m using and suggested I reset my network settings. Tried this suggestion numerous times and still it remains that I only ever have at most 2 bars of signal strength or none in my usual areas and occasionally I’ll get full strength in a commercial area. But the signal strength is always 2 bars or less and it’s frustrating and also makes me consider taking the time and enduring the hassle and expense to switch cellular providers. I don’t like to use my WiFi at home with my phone because my data cost for that is extremely high. I also have friends and family with long term Verizon service and different phone brands and they also are experiencing the same issues and have not moved and have new phones that are all up to date with their OS. Please fix this issue Verizon! There’s definitely something wrong on your end and it’s a travesty to claim #1 cellular service provider when your coverage reliability doesn’t work in your large coverage areas. This is not an Apple or Samsung etc etc issue. 

Harleygirl007
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree Verizon was always the best. Not at work terrible service, I’m ready to change carriers and I can’t believe I’m saying this I’ve had Verizon for years and always bragged about the service!

zip in question 06776

kittenboops
Enthusiast - Level 1

Adding my own complaint to this old thread. I've been a VZW customer for what has to be close to 2 decades now, and on a family plan for many years with my siblings. Ever since my brother was enticed years ago by VZW salesman to sign up for an "unlimited data" plan, my service has been awful. Even when my bars are "full" I will not be able to pull up simple websites on my phone depending on my location in the town I live in. Now once again my brother was enticed to change our plan after breaking his phone and needing a new one, and my portion of the bill has jumped by $20/month. For what? What am I getting out of VZW by paying that much extra a month? Considering how bad VZW service is, it's time to say goodbye. 👋