Re: Poor Coverage and Getting Worse
Dirt63
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been a customer for over 20 year as well. I have 6 lines.

I've had all of the chaos others have had since August 2021.

I've read dozens of comments. 

The replies all seem like lip service?

I see no corrections. 

The consensus of the people I know in my area that have verizon is the same as well. Dozens of new phones and old phones that have bad connectivity.  Data links don't work.

Looks like I've got to change carriers. 

If none of these other complaints haven't been resolved....I'm sure mine won't either. 

ADS-Enterprises
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in the Florida Nature Coast Mid Western Fl 34609

My service has gotten spotty at best. Can not launch apps or google something when away from wi-fi. I have a fairly New Android 5g phone and can't even get service on 4g most of the time. If not for internet at home and work the phone would be worthless. This has gotten worse over the past year or more. 

Certainly not worth what I am paying for.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Dirt63. We want to ensure you receive the assistance needed to resolve this service issue. We are sending you a Private Note to assist you further. 

*Cassie

0 Likes
BeckPC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I upgraded from a Note 10 (not 5G) to Note 20 Ultra 5G and have noticed a dramatic slow down of network services everywhere in the Louisville KY area. Some areas are absolutely horrible with 1x service (which is unusable). Even though the 5G is showing, a speed test will be 15MB or less. 

Both at home and work, I live within 2-3 blocks of a cell tower. Sitting in my office now and using Network Cell Info Lite, I am getting a signal strength of -120 (which is in the RED). I'm connected with 1 itty bitty bar and I'm not roaming. 

Don't suggest WiFi calling to me. I tried it. Works fine if you're sitting still and not going anywhere. But when you leave somewhere you're connected, the call drops. This is not a good solution for someone who is always on the move. I'm an IT tech, so I'm all over town, every day and connected to a wide variety of wireless networks (because I set them up). 

For the past two years, cellular service in Louisville has gone downhill (as if you're driving a sled down a snow covered mountain). I test my speed almost everywhere I go. Places where I could get over 100mb on 5G, are now providing speeds in a fraction of that tested a year or more ago. Turning off 5G doesn't help. Changing bands does not help. Sitting on top of the tallest tower in town doesn't help. 

FYI ... my employee is on T-Mobile now with his new Samsung phone. His service is a hundred times better than mine, and I've been paying Verizon over $350 a month for 15+ years for my devices. I cannot even recommend hotspots from Verizon anymore. They are so slow, it's unable to be used.

It might be time to consider changing services. Thankfully, I buy unlocked phones so I can go wherever I want. Verizon doesn't support 'unlocked' phones (unless it was made by the Apple God) and won't let you install Call Filter. That app works fine on the wife's iPhone 8, but not on my Note 20 Ultra because it's unlocked. Yep... it's time to switch to a company that actually cares for their customers and the quality of service they offer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BeckPC, we are grateful for your loyalty of over fifteen years. The last thing we would ever want is for you to leave us. I rely on my wireless phone to work at all times, so I know how vital it is for your service to work. We will be pleased to assist you. Has any troubleshooting been done?  

-Jacob

0 Likes
braelow

I'm receiving terrible service within the last month in zip code 33025.  My text (SMS) messages, especially when someone is sending me pictures are not coming through.  My voice calls are breaking up especially when unable to get Wi-Fi and 5G is on, it terrible.  I even upgraded my plan for a month and it made NO DIFFERENCE.  Really considering leaving Verizon after being a customer for several years.  I'm exhausted chatting on line with customer service to no end and NO IMPROVEMENT.  I have a S21 so don't blame the phone.  

0 Likes
randytho
Enthusiast - Level 2

When Verizon tells us to use our wifi for our calls you know something is wrong.  With a 1200 5G phone we should not HAVE to rely on wifi or WHY pay for cell service at all.  Here in Central Pa in the Harrisburg/Middletown area the service use to be great, now I am lucky if I get 1 bar 5 OR 4G and data is just a laugh... like the original poster I am after more than 20 years with Verizon shopping for a new carrier...Verizon now is all talk and ABSOLUTELY no action... well other than price increases that is.......

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about any trouble with your service at home. We'll be happy to perform some troubleshooting with you. We'll send you a private note you can reply to when ready to start.

- Henry

0 Likes